[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - ISOLARA-> Connecting Ipod to Solara
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

ISOLARA-> Connecting Ipod to Solara

ISOLARA-> Connecting Ipod to Solara

Postby Orefus » Tue May 01, 2007 6:51 pm

I have a tape adapter, and im not really all to excited about it. My coach has a direct application, where the ipod runs directly into the head unit. He did a DIY, and i was impressed. The set up charges the ipod, and has a good sound quality. There was a single wire coming from the bottom of the Ipod, I was wondering, could this be done on a Solara? And if so how? Just FYI he has a new Honda Element.
Orefus
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Tue May 01, 2007 7:30 pm

sorry to threadjack. I was wondering the same thing. i have a tape adapter for my lil iPod shuffle and I was wondering the same thing since i play that thing day in day out and i hate having to take it out or have my iPod stop playin while im driving :( .
free bump to this.
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby kingkakyle » Tue May 01, 2007 7:39 pm

there are many things like this for our car
the one i can think of off the top of my head is dension ice link
its about 50-100$
check out the gen 2 audio section, there should be something similar about this also
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SirMacDaddy » Tue May 01, 2007 7:39 pm

The best way is to use this...

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/USA-Spec ... tDetail.do

What this does is it connects to your CD changer and allows you to connect a left and right stereo cable that converts to a 3.5mm jack so you can connect any thing to it. its really a cool thing but the only draw back si that you have to use your ipod to look for songs instead of having it in your HU like some cars are now having.

Omar
SirMacDaddy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby sillygrrrl » Tue May 01, 2007 7:43 pm

i did it with mine. the ipod adapter cord goes thru the console & comes out thru the top of where the ebrake is. & i leave my nano in the top cup holder. if u want pix PM me .. i'll send 'em to you
sillygrrrl
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby AznDragonV » Tue May 01, 2007 7:50 pm

if you dont care about it charging ...and if you have AUX output in ur deck..u can jus get a cable from radio shack fo like 7 bucks instead...thats wat i have and it works great
AznDragonV
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ThatVietGuy » Fri May 04, 2007 9:46 am

I've done it with mine, charges the iPod and everything.

I did it about 3.5 years ago for $160 and 15 minutes worth of work.

It's just a little box with one wire going into the headunit and another wire going to the iPod.
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Meow » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:44 pm

I was looking at this:
http://www.logjamelectronics.com/pietoyaux.html
and I just wanted to make sure that it is compatible with the JBL system before I shell out the 70 bucks for it. Anyone bought something similar? I have a Gen 1 SEV6 with the JBL system.
Meow
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby EMBSikorsky » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:12 pm

This is not the EXACT same kit that I used (This is the newer version that supports navigation head units) but it's from the same seller, and it's now the only one they offer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Usa-Spec ... enameZWDVW

I have mine coming out of my center console so the iPod can rest neatly inside a cupholder or under the coin tray/cigaratte lighter area. PM me if you want pics of the final look, though I won't be near the Solara for the next two weeks as I'll be on vacation in Connecticut... :)

I can control my iPod using the fast forward, rewind, skip forward, skip back, and scan buttons on the head unit, or control it on the iPod.

The text from the iPod screen will not display on the head unit, at least not for me (Gen 1.5 JBL Single-CD) but I've enjoyed the amount of control that this kit gives me, and it charges the iPod as well, so it's never dead. Also, a good feature - It turns off your iPod when you shut off the car, and turns on and begins playing again where you left off when you start the car back up.

Best of luck with this worthwhile mod!
EMBSikorsky
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:23 pm

I see a whole buncha stuff for the iPod adapter being used in a car but those are all for all iPods EXCEPT the shuffle (which is the one i have).. so I dunno if there is any products out there that can be used with the shuffle and the car together. other than the tape deck.
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

Postby Meow » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:14 am

The one I linked should be usable for the shuffle, since it just gives an AUX out, rather than an iPod specific connection. However, with it being just an aux out, you don't get to charge it, and you don't get to control it through the HU.
I'm a bit torn on what to do, since I have a Creative Zen, and not an iPod. I'd like the AUX out so that I can use my current player, and have anyone be able to bring their music player and plug it in, but if I were to get an iPod, I'd be able to conceal it somewhere, and just use it for storage while controlling everything from the factory HU for that super clean look.
Meow
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby viper1400 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:33 pm

I dont get it, if you are going to spend $125 on this crazy thing, why dont you just get a new deck that has an Auxiliary input?

You spend so much money to get great sound from your iPod, and then it goes to our garbage factory audio...

Just my $0.02...
"I'll get it when i have the money..."
viper1400
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby LatinUSMC » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:14 pm

i saw a similar item on ebay"
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-200 ... dZViewItem

..and your link :-? :P

QUESTIONS..
has it worked out for you ..?? any problems or bugs???
i see a Cigarett-lighter adapter ..does that have to be connected for it to work??
and was it easy to intall?

anybody ? have more input? links? 8) 8) :P :P thanks
ALL*TRD*...Revos,FSTB,RSB,Muffler+FSB.
LatinUSMC
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby vSolara » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:09 am

Here's a vid I found a long time ago about integrating an ipod with a gen 2 solara. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqxjon8e-u0

Look at crutchfield for ipod integration kits. I think the work by plugging in to the cd changer port. Hmmmm..

Good luck!
2001 Toyota Solara SLE V6 - Tinted Windows, Pioneer DEH-2100IB, Pioneer Door Speakers, Custom DIN voltmeter/switchboard, interior accent LED strips
vSolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5