[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Stinger or monster??
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Stinger or monster??

Stinger or monster??

Postby trdkamuri51o » Thu May 03, 2007 3:40 pm

well im doing my system over yet again (what 4th change now??)

anyways im trying to match my wiring up... im stuck between these two brands as to which is better or proven..

stinger or monster..

or other suggestions.. i have a few weesk before i have th emoney but any suggestions would be appreciated
need wheels? www.memoryfab.com - ask for david

-1JZ Bozo Camry = Cooler than Penguin crap in January on the face of Pluto.
trdkamuri51o
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby indiglosolara » Thu May 03, 2007 3:53 pm

Both brands are good.. Although I am in favor of Monster since thats what I always run in my cars....

But they are good.. just remember to use 4 gauge and keep your wires as consistent as possible.
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby krawzyazn » Thu May 03, 2007 4:16 pm

PG
2002 2AZ-FE SILVER Toyota Solara
<B>FIRST 2AZ Gen 1.5 Solara with Headers!!!</b>

<B>http://WWW.Obamastinks.net</B>
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby i20solara02i » Thu May 03, 2007 6:59 pm

audison
version 3.0 complete 302 hp 303 tq stay tuned for 3.01 (meth installed, now needs to get it tune)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOTi2NPNIA
i20solara02i
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby theprodigy79 » Thu May 03, 2007 7:29 pm

To be completely honest with you, for power and ground cables you are gonna get about the same "performance" out of any of the mainstream cables. Your best bet is to look among the different brands / series in the gauge that you require and compare strand count vs material of wiring vs core type, etc... and find the best bang for your buck... Chances are they will all be VERY similar (from comparable series to comparable series), so go for value.

For power and ground, I've been using Lightning Audio Storm Series and Esoteric Audio since 1995 and couldn't be any happier with it (and I've been running current pulls FAR beyond average on them).

As far as speaker wire goes, there is a bit more to it than simply pulling current, so the types CAN make a difference... Keep in mind though, as with power cables, most companies offer different ranges or series of cables (so if you compare the lower end Stinger cables to the higher end Monster cables, OBVIOUSLY the Monsters will be better... while in actuality, series for series, Stinger may be better...)

For speaker wires and interconnects I've been very happy with Esoteric Audio, Mobile Spec Pro Ice and Lightning Audio Storm.

In my Solara I was running my Boston Acoustics Z6s using Mobile Spec Pro Ice series interconnects and 12awg speaker wiring and the setup sounded phenominal. That's the first experience I've had with the company (I'm used to running mostly Lightning Audio or Esoteric cabling) but definitely color me impressed.

As for Stinger vs Monster... In reality they're both pretty much the same (series for series). Go for whatever's cheaper in the series you need.

The other cables mentioned (Phoenix Gold and Audison) are good as well.
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby lilmike2069 » Thu May 03, 2007 8:25 pm

Of those two choices i would go with monster... its what i would recommend for home audio cables/power supply as well
lilmike2069
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 02RedSoul » Sun May 06, 2007 3:40 pm

KnuKonceptz.com Affordable quality material. Monster is overpriced.
02RedSoul
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Snake2715 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:13 am

Monster is overpriced. If you are going speaker wire (not RCA) go to a hardware store and buy it by the foot. You can get a pretty large gauge copper strand wire (make sure its fine strand and flexible) for pretty inexpensive.

I have dealt with knukoncepts and have been happy also.
Snake2715
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby blaK » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:16 pm

Who's installing it?

Monster is a pain in the ars to install!!!

Stinger is awesome to work with and has great quality lines.
Get their battery too if you can affard it.
WTF WITH ALL THE HUGE SIGS??????
blaK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby AznDragonV » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:09 am

stinger seems to be a lot cheaper..i got mine on ebay
AznDragonV
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby the lost solara » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:11 am

I 've been in car audio for 12 years and stringer is a brand I would go with because of strand count and flexibilty plus they make there cables for the car monster cable are made for home but as was said early its your choice but from using the 2, stringer is the way to go they been in the car audio game longer just my.02 cent
and it's all over
the lost solara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby vin » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:49 pm

Between those two brands....stinger

I would chose PG or Knu (on a budget)
:)
`97 ES300: 18" Volk Racing "SS" wheels. Tein SS
vin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby theprodigy79 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:12 am

Meh, I just sold my soul to the devil and went with Monster power and speaker wire for my Supra (I still use Esoteric, Lightning, Mobile Spec, Acoustic Research/Recoton, etc... for other applications, but it was there so I bought it)...

Dunno where you guys get "Monster Cable is more difficult to run", "Moster Cable is more expensive", "Monster Cable is made for home usage", and all this other bullshit... The power I ran was just as flexible, high quality and INEXPENSIVE as any of the other cables I've used in the past... And the speaker wires I chose are shielded, ultra-low noise cables specifically designed for mobile audio applications... They weren't "cheap", but they were no more than other comparable shielded cable...

I also bought some Monster Cable while I was down in Florida last Christmas to run new wiring for my grandmother's stereo... I certainly didn't seek it out for the brand, but it was, oddly enough, BY FAR the cheapest cable I could find, EVEN AT HARDWARE STORES... A 50ft spool cost me $8.47+tax...

FACT: If you do a bit of shopping around, you can find good prices on any of the above wiring. Series to series they tend to all cost about the same...

FACT: Thread count/flexibility/material is approximately the same, if not THE SAME from series to series for the different brands. Also, a thread or two difference does NOT make a substantial difference, especially in power/ground applications

FACT: It is true that Monster markets more (especially to the mainstream) than the other companies do, and that some of the other companies may be more dedicated toward the mobile audio market, however Monster does have quality products (along with their crap products), just like the other companies. That's right, they all offer the good with the bad, and they all offer products along a full range of prices.

Compare all of your potential brands series to series, line to line and decide how "high end" you need to go for your specific application... Once determined what you need, determine what wires will meet your needs from each company... From there, go STRICTLY on price and buy from the lowest cost company specifically for the "grade" of wires you need. I GUARANTEE that you will not hear a difference, and that the wires will be approximately the same, assuming you did the necessary research.
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5