[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Can a Valor DTS-603W replace my clarion dxz745mp?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Should I buy the valor dvd hu?

Yeah, buy it!
50%
No, you get what you pay for.
50%

Total votes : 2

Can a Valor DTS-603W replace my clarion dxz745mp?

Can a Valor DTS-603W replace my clarion dxz745mp?

Postby hskrsolara » Sun May 20, 2007 6:14 pm

Alright, so I make a lot of long trips in my solara and would like to upgrade to a double din dvd receiver. No, I do not need navigation as I already have it on my computer, which I can integrate into the Valor hu...

Crutchfield has the Valor DTS-603W for sale right now at $449, free shipping, free ipod cable. Sounds like a great deal.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-2HGdqnDwu7 ... 077DTS603W

I currently have a Clarion DXZ745MP hu that has been awesome for the last 3 years and I have had great luck with it. Looks like the clarion has a little better audio controls and output voltage, plus the color controls are nice too.

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Clarion_DXZ7 ... _CD_Player

My question: is the valor any good? anyone have any experience with the brand? is the pricing too good to be true? How much audio quality will I lose or is there anything I can do to prevent this? I would like to avoid integrating an external equalizer if I can.

I searched for reviews on valor's new models and didnt have much luck. thanks guys.

Come on you audio gurus, I know you still lurk around here...
hskrsolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby hskrsolara » Sun May 20, 2007 10:32 pm

Another question, does anyone know how difficult it is to override the e-brake on a valor? Anyone tried it before?

EDIT: man, has everyone disappeared on here? Well, I may be able to get a hell of a deal on a Clarion VRX 765VD hu and am giving that some serious thought. Anyone use that hu?

http://cbsnews.com.com/car-video/clario ... ml?tag=sub

Only catch with the Clarion is that it is a single din, flip up...not so sure about that.

Help me out guys. thanks.
99 DWP SEV6 5spd 6.5psi+Meth, Tein+Tokico, EricSol+Brembos+EBC, OBX Headers+OBX 3" Exhaust, Supra MAF & 330cc, Spec 2+, Fidanza, TRD lip kit, Injen+Ext, Optima Red, Infinity 60.5+693.7i, 2 Kappa Perfect 12 VQ's+iPod+JVC DVD...etc
hskrsolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby hskrsolara » Tue May 22, 2007 9:27 pm

wow, 50 views and no votes...come on guys, someone has some input dont they?
99 DWP SEV6 5spd 6.5psi+Meth, Tein+Tokico, EricSol+Brembos+EBC, OBX Headers+OBX 3" Exhaust, Supra MAF & 330cc, Spec 2+, Fidanza, TRD lip kit, Injen+Ext, Optima Red, Infinity 60.5+693.7i, 2 Kappa Perfect 12 VQ's+iPod+JVC DVD...etc
hskrsolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby bassthrive » Wed May 23, 2007 7:16 pm

i have the clarion proaudio dxz745mp and wouldnt give it up.

imo, having any screen (double din or motorized single) seems lke a waste if you dont use it for sat nav.

many touchscreens are harder to control by feel.

you said you make a lot of long trips - how does that impact your h/u choice? are you ever going to watch dvd's in your car? how (un)safe is that? sorry, i have no input on valor as a manufacturer.
- Paul

y2k(1MZ)dWp
cpe mafci / apexi ws / tein s-tech + tokico / trd rsb
bassthrive
SolaraGuy Marklar
SolaraGuy Marklar

Postby hskrsolara » Wed May 23, 2007 8:23 pm

^^yeah, 7.5 hour drive home and my wife watches the movies on her little laptop, but that thing gets in the way and is pretty annoying, trying to shuffle it around, charging, etc. don't try to tell me that nobody overrides the e-brake safety on these dvd units... :wink:

I also want to get a hu with ipod integration, which with the clarion seems very easy to use and its a reputable brand.

I already have navigation, which I dont use very often, on my laptop. For the little time that I use navigation, I dont feel spending $900+ is really worth it.

As far as I know, the CeNet controls on the 745mp are not able to control the ipod, so this whole time I have just used the auxillary input via monster cable to link my ipod. I would really like to have full integration, which the valor and clarion dvd units can do.
hskrsolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5