[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Disabling or removing subwoofer
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Disabling or removing subwoofer

Disabling or removing subwoofer

Postby bmilner » Sun May 27, 2007 1:54 pm

Hi. Just recently bought our 2001 Solara convertible. The only thing wrong we've found so far, is a blown subwoofer. I've searched the archives here, and read a number of posts related to this problem, but have a couple of additional questions.

1) Several of the archive notes, talk about removing the rear seat bottom by "pulling up after releasing the two front clips". Try as I might, no amount of gentle persuasion seems to release those front clips. I do not want to break them; is there some trick I'm missing there?

2) Is there a simple way to disable the subwoofer for now? A fuse, or a simple unplug of a wire or ???

Thanks a lot for any help you can give me on this ...

Cheers, Brian
bmilner
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

more on subwoofer

Postby bmilner » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:41 pm

Come on guys ( and gals ). Somebody must know how to disconnect my subwoofer without taking the car apart. And somebody must know how to lift up the rear seat without breaking the clips ...

Thanks, Brian
bmilner
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ---CAMRAZY--- » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:37 pm

Where are you located? I can help you out if you are in Cali.
If there are any haters in here right now that don't have anybody to hate on, feel free to hate on me.-Katt Williams
---CAMRAZY---
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby NeFaRiOuS_SLE » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:16 pm

Unfortunately, anything Solara Audio-related means to take apart the car almost completely; for example, to install new rear speakers in the hardtop means to remove almost the entire rear section of the passenger cabin (seat cushion, side panels, front pass. seat belts)...

Also, there's no direct fuse for the subs. Since I'm not too sure about convertibles (although trust me that's what I'm saving up for), I'll classify this as a free bump to your post.
NeFaRiOuS_SLE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby TWINCAM » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:00 pm

Nah, no big deal to disconnect or remove the factory sub. (convertable)
1.put top down.
2. remove 4 plastic push in clips from top of "rear inside deck cover" at top of back seat, pull it back some to expose back of rear seat.
3. remove 2 10mm nut/washer combo at top & 2 mid way down back of rear seat.
That's it !
by the way the seat bottom does just have 2 clips at the front 1 under each seat. pull up !
TWINCAM
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby dashriprock » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:16 pm

Thanks for heads up on removing the back to replace the subwoofer - mine is blown as well.

Now the embarassing part - what is the best way to remove the plastic push in clips on the rear inside deck cover, and how do you release the clip for the rear seat bottom?

Thanks again.
dashriprock
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ThatVietGuy » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:24 pm

Just pull hard on the seat, it's not going to break or anything.

And to remove the push-in clips: PUSH IN. I don't think there's a better way of doing it.
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby tito53 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:09 pm

what if you just turn the bass all the way down on the headunit? have you tried that?
tito53
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Gangis » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:02 pm

I have the same problem... pisses me off because since I'm hearing-impaired I go by bass alone. I have a 2002 SLE convertible myself and I had to unbolt and remove the backseat so I could get to the subwoofer plug. After that I disconnected it and all is well.

The subwoofer is 8" so if you're thinking of replacing it, please let me know what you find. I'm not good with music equipment at all. :)
2002 Solara SLE V6 convertible - GONE as of 3/2010
2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 S Hatchback
Gangis
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5