[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 6x9s: Alpine Type-R or Infinity Reference
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

6x9s: Alpine Type-R or Infinity Reference

6x9s: Alpine Type-R or Infinity Reference

Postby hari-bhari » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:41 pm

I am debating between two sets of speakers in the ~$100 price range for my rear deck. My main requirements are good, clean smooth bass and not too much highs

1) Infinity Reference 9613i
2) Apline Type R SPR-69C

What would you guys recommend? Any other choices?
hari-bhari
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby theprodigy79 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:21 pm

This is gonna get a lot of debate man. Your best bet is to take a listen to them at your local audio shop. Make sure the Type R is amped to get the best performance (the Infinity will have more output off a stock deck, but they will be pretty even when amped). Of those two, the Type R is better musically and has great bass response with quality (not piercing) highs.

Some others in similar price ranges to consider:

Eclipse SP6900
Focal 690 CA1
Diamond Audio D392i

I'd, personally, recommend the Type R or any of the above over the Reference... But that's my opinion... Any of them are quality speakers that have a lot of potential.
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby hari-bhari » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:59 am

hmm those focals got a really good review, i couldnt find much on the diamonds. i guess itll be between the alpine type-r and the focal. thanks for the tips!
hari-bhari
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby blaK » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:00 pm

I have the 690 cv1's, best I ever had.
WTF WITH ALL THE HUGE SIGS??????
blaK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby hari-bhari » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:49 pm

im goin for the 690 CA1s, hope theyre jus as nice! 132 shipped =)
hari-bhari
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5