[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Upgraded my amps and subs :)
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Upgraded my amps and subs :)

Upgraded my amps and subs :)

Postby blaK » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:14 pm

I upgraded to JL 300/4BK and a JL 500/1BK.

My mids and highs are Focals 165KPS and 690 CV1.

My new subs are 2-JL 8W7's.

And wow, I'm real happy with it. I don't even have the bass up, it's at -5!!
My head unit is a DEHP880PRS.

I got the 8's because I heard it in a car that had 3 of them and I couldn't believe it. Space was an issue in his car.

I stapled extreme velcro on the bottom of the box so it doesn't fly around the trunk ;)
WTF WITH ALL THE HUGE SIGS??????
blaK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby theprodigy79 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:22 pm

VERY nice setup! One of the few people who's equipment combination actually impresses me ;-) Now put those subs in a custom box and you'll be in extacy!
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby blaK » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:09 pm

Thanks bro, I wish you could hear it :)

I build it out of mdf from home depot for 20 bucks and the grills are cheap too.
Called tech and asked for the measurements and he gave them to me. Then my friend wrapped in blue suade.
I wish I had the money for fiberglass but I'll want to take this with me for my next car :)
blaK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SolaraGuy22 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:30 pm

Woo Hoo pics! I can't wait to meet up and hear those bad boys.
SolaraGuy22
SolaraGuy Pimp
SolaraGuy Pimp

Postby NVDIS1 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:39 pm

:o Very nice setup..... i know it sounds soooooo good :D Congrats!
Gen1 - modded a lil
05 Gti- Apr Stage 1-R1 Dv-badglss-coils-hids-Gr8 plates-endlinks-bosr'd-shav'd-R32 projectors-orange 18s-stretch'd tires-20th lip-dronemble
NVDIS1
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby AznDragonV » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:10 pm

looks good!

where u get the grills at? and how much?
AznDragonV
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Upgraded my amps and subs :)

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:32 pm

blaK wrote:I upgraded to JL 300/4BK and a JL 500/1BK.
. I don't even have the bass up, it's at -5!!

very nice set up man.
yeah I only have 2 10in. MTXs in my car in an enclosed box and on the lowest setting -5, it still pounds...

wish I had your setup though :)
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby theprodigy79 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:51 pm

blaK wrote:Thanks bro, I wish you could hear it :)

I build it out of mdf from home depot for 20 bucks and the grills are cheap too.
Called tech and asked for the measurements and he gave them to me. Then my friend wrapped in blue suade.
I wish I had the money for fiberglass but I'll want to take this with me for my next car :)

I miss having ANYTHING at this point, so I'm sure it'd sound fantastic! So far in my Supra I've only had a chance to swap my CDA-9815 in and run my fronts (Alpine SPR-17C) directly off of it... I took out the rears and plan to keep them out. I've also run my power from battery to rear, but I still gotta run my RCAs, remote wire, and speaker wires (the only real pain-in-the-@$$ part left), hook up my amp and toss in one of my subs... I really miss my Solara setup, but it's really way too much for what I plan for the Supra, so I'm downgrading substantially :-(. When I get my "micro-system" hooked up in the Supra I should hopefully feel better though :-P

If you're curious, I have my old Solara audio setup in the link below my Signature pic, and my Supra's audio progress on its page (also accessible through the link). The subs pictured in the Solara are old, I sold them a while back... I later ran a pair of Alpine SWR-1222Ds in slot vented enclosures.

Enjoy your system bro, definitely some quality equipment. :-)

-James
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby blaK » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:36 pm

Thanks alot guys. Took alot of saving :)

AznDragonV wrote:looks good!

where u get the grills at? and how much?

Scroll down for W7 grills.

http://store.jlaudio.com/home.php?cat=2 ... n=0&page=2

theprodigy79,

Have you considered
http://www.bostonacoustics.com/car/car_ ... uct_id=400 for your supra?
Since you're only going to have fronts, those are the best money can buy.

Slap a JL300/2 while you're at it :) Wait a few weeks, JL is coming out with a new version of their amps "Slash V2"

Did I ever mention that I did my wife's system too? :)
blaK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby theprodigy79 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:46 pm

blaK wrote:theprodigy79,

Have you considered
http://www.bostonacoustics.com/car/car_ ... uct_id=400 for your supra?
Since you're only going to have fronts, those are the best money can buy.

Slap a JL300/2 while you're at it

I have 2 pairs of Boston Acoustics Z6s left over from my Solara (they're the direct predecessors of the ones you linked to), however I've already gotten the SPR-17Cs for the Supra (they're very good quality coaxials) due to the simplicity and reduction in weight (the Z6s are monsters, especially with their huge crossovers). I'm saving the Zs for my next ride anyways. :-) For the Supra I'm going for balance, simplicity, and efficiency over power and complexity. The amp I'll be using in the configuration I'll be using it in is underrated at 85Wx2 RMS @ 4Ohms, 12V for the mids/highs and 300Wx1 @ 2Ohms, 12V for the sub. Realistically it 'll be pushing around 95Wx2 RMS @4Ohms and 350Wx1 RMS @ 2Ohms, so I have no need for a second amp.

Previous setup (the blue amp will be the 3 channel in the Supra as well):

My Supra speakers (temporary setup, still gotta rewire and dynamat):

Also, if you're not familiar with oldskool Soundstream, check out some specs and reviews for the Rubicon 604 (I've had it for 8 years and no doubt I'll stick with it). One of the best 4/3/2 channel amps in existence IMHO. I still have my Class A 10.2 chillin by my couch as well. :scrambleup: ;-)
Last edited by theprodigy79 on Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby blaK » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:15 pm

PHAT!!!

I also have your valcuum :)
blaK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby theprodigy79 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:22 pm

Hahaha it's a tight vac, I "enjoy" it ;-) At least you can get a good size reference with it :-P
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5