[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Is Glare an issue when looking for an in dash DVD or NAV?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Is Glare an issue when looking for an in dash DVD or NAV?

Is Glare an issue when looking for an in dash DVD or NAV?

Postby Snake2715 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:08 pm

I am in the beginning phases of looking for an in dash Nav and or DVD player. Has anyone experienced glare issues with certain brands or screens?

I would simply hate to have that issue.

Also of concern is viewing angle similar to LCD or Plasma screens.

thanks
Snake2715
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby skipfiddes » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:02 pm

I haven't had many glare issues, but with the sunroof open it's kind of an issue. As for the viewing angle, the deck I have you can adjust the angle with the click of a button. Pioneer deck by the way. I haven't been overly impressed with it, but at the same time it hasn't given me any problems. I would shop around more if I were to do it again.
skipfiddes
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby blaK » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:09 pm

No, you'll be fine.

Look up pioneer's navi's.
WTF WITH ALL THE HUGE SIGS??????
blaK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SolaraBlue » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:27 pm

no problems with my eclipse but like skipfiddes said, if you have your sunroof open or top down, youre going to get some degree of glare but thats to be expected. i think youll be fine with whichever unit you choose.
SolaraBlue
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Snake2715 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:15 am

Thanks guys. Why the push to Pioneer? I like a lot of their stuff but have their screens been a better bet lately or something?

Thanks again for the responses so far.
-Josh

Snake2715
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby indiglosolara » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:55 am

I have the Pioneer AVH-P6800 DVD double din unit. I dont have problems with glare on the screen....

I've also used
Clarion 7" Flip up screen
Panasonic 7" Flip up Screen
Pioneer 6400 flip up screen

and I have never had any problems with those...

Pioneer has been so far the best unit i've used due to function and price.
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby Biggi_e » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:00 am

i used to have a eclipse indash on my gen2 and i had a little glare problem cuz of its placement but for gen1 and 1.5 i think you should be.
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5