[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - looking for a head unit...
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

looking for a head unit...

looking for a head unit...

Postby bri_n_m » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:59 pm

i had a Nakamichi CD400 on order but it eneded up being out of stock...and now i'm back to debating what to get. Looking for something simple. no flashy buttons/lights. main concern is SQ.

price is relatively open no more than 750.

This is what i had in mind...
-Nakamichi CD400 - simple, clean, good SQ. but there notorious to skip and bad cust. serv.
-Nakamichi 45z - had one back in the day. loved it. but skiped.
-Alpine 9861 - so i can upgrade in the future to the h701.
-Clarion drz-9255 - pricey. would buy a refurbished.

the apline gives headroom for upgrades down the line without breaking the bank now.....the 9255 is everything but in a $$$ package. nakamichis are simple, good SQ, not much head room and i think, looks the best....

i had a eclipse and i didn't like the controls/layout so thats out. mcintosh is out becuase of its price/controls. denon is out because of price. no sony's/panasonics for me, that just personal preference.

opinions? something else i should research?
bri_n_m
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby RichD978 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:11 pm

I have a eclipse cd5000 for sale

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/818696
VOTE FOR ME FOR SHOWOFF OF THE WEEK
RichD978
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby bri_n_m » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:39 pm

sorry. like in my post. i don't want another eclipse. especially the new models.
bri_n_m
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5