[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Time alignment
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Time alignment

Time alignment

Postby blaK » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:09 am

So, my wife and I has had this deck unit for some time now and yesterday I started checking out this feature- time alignment.

I grab the measuring tape, input the distance from each speaker to my head and OMG. I tried it with out and then with it and it's night and day.

Without it sounds empty not full.

Just real happy with how it sounds I had to share.
WTF WITH ALL THE HUGE SIGS??????
blaK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SolaraGuy22 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:49 am

Oh yeah calibrating is a must. I'm still waiting to hear from JL for my amp before I can do that to mine.
SolaraGuy22
SolaraGuy Pimp
SolaraGuy Pimp

Postby audionut71 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:40 am

Older alpine decks (like my 9815)have an "on the fly" setting. You can sit listening to a song and turn the dial and listen to the image move across your dash 'til it is centered. I will never own another system without this featue. I sucks that its getting harder to find.
'99 Camry LE
Eibach springs, KYB struts, Alpine HU, Memphis system, Crime Guard remote start
audionut71
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby blaK » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:57 am

audionut71 wrote:Older alpine decks (like my 9815)have an "on the fly" setting. You can sit listening to a song and turn the dial and listen to the image move across your dash 'til it is centered. I will never own another system without this featue. I sucks that its getting harder to find.

Cool , I didn't know Alpine did that but that's what I'm experiancing with our ride's now. 8)
blaK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby NeFaRiOuS_SLE » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:01 am

Sweet... It IS a pity that you can't adjust stuff like that too often; it was a huge difference for me when I did that with my computer's surround sound system... After extensively measuring the difference from the speakers to my chair, I actually could tell where things were coming from in games instead of feeling like the same identical sound is coming through both left speakers.

Alpine, I hope you're reading this because I'm getting a new system once things pick up for me money-wise, so I hope you'll know you'll be losing money to them once again (I already have Pioneer equipment) :lol:.
NeFaRiOuS_SLE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby blaK » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:36 pm

"it was a huge difference for me when I did that with my computer's surround sound system... After extensively measuring the difference from the speakers to my chair, I actually could tell where things were coming from in games instead of feeling like the same identical sound is coming through both left speakers."

Exactly
blaK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5