[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - help: DVD deck turns off when Headlights are on?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

help: DVD deck turns off when Headlights are on?

help: DVD deck turns off when Headlights are on?

Postby Toy1mzfe » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:14 pm

What you guys think the problem is?

When i turn on the headlights or just parking lights my dash dvd deck wont play. I just installed it and bypassed the brake activation by just grounding it to a metal part on the inside of the dash area. Also when i drive i hear the whinning sound in my speakers. Not sure if that extra info helps.

When the lights are off, the dvd, vcd, tv, etc runs good.

Can anyone diagnosis my issue? or had prior experience to this issue.

EDIT: Actually, the player is still on but it just wont go in radio or cd or dvd or whateva. it has an icon that says " CAR - "

U think im not getting enough energy and need to ground it somewhere else?

Thanks.
Toy1mzfe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Toy1mzfe » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:18 pm

no body?
Toy1mzfe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Dawgz » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:20 pm

maybe the grounding issue...
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby the lost solara » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:43 am

nope check what wires you used to power up the deck If you grabed the oem light output for the factory deck just use a testl light and turn the light on and off if the test light goes on and off you just disconnect that wire and test to see if it continues to do it if so try another wire also you would want to use your car keys to test the other wires if a wire goes on and off with the switch thats you ignition wire connect the red wire to it and that should solve you problem
and it's all over
the lost solara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Toy1mzfe » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:20 am

Alight, i'll give that a try this weekend. Sucks to drive at night without music.
Toy1mzfe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Omes01SLE » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:46 am

Don't know if you were able to fix the problem, but I had the exact same issue with my DVD deck when I went to install it. I was able to fix it by disconnecting the "dimming/illumination" wire (orange) - works like a charm now!
Hope that helps.
Omes01SLE
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Toy1mzfe » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:55 pm

whoops strraight up didnt see this. and i totally forgot about it. Yea the illumination wire made the dvd not work.

Cant go wrong with a 350 dollar dvd deck moohoo haa haa.
Toy1mzfe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby viper1400 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:40 pm

Also, the whining sound is definately a ground loop problem.

Usually it happens when you ground two things in different places.

Technically, you are grounding in two places one place has one voltage to the battery and the second place has a different voltage to the battery.

The best thing to try and do if you have the whining sound is to try and ground all of your audio equipment in the same place.
"I'll get it when i have the money..."
viper1400
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5