[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2 subs causing cancellation
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

2 subs causing cancellation

2 subs causing cancellation

Postby kronos98 » Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:37 pm

how worried do i need to be about two subs cancelling out each other? if i placed on in the left corner of my trunk and one in on the right side, would i have to align them correctly, space them perfectly, etc.?
kronos98
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Yanks0114 » Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:48 pm

Simply put, just don't face the subs towards eachother. Point them outwards or at an angle and it really shouldn't be that much of an issue. We have large trunks so that does help
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby krook » Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:36 am

i've been thinking of doing this. how would you guys construct a box to fit in the corners. i want to house 2 JL W3's. gunman mentioned about building a housing from fiberglass...any other suggestions?
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Gunman » Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:59 am

if two subs are perfectly positioned and one is slightly in front of the other, you get whats called destrutive interfearence, to correct it simply reverse the polarity of one of the subs and you will be fine
:wink:
Solara's "official" handsome guy.
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby nkx1 » Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:37 pm

If you reverse the polarity of a speaker, wont that damage it over time?

I accidentally reversed the polarity of one driver in my Polk Audio home speaker, and it started making a popping noise after about a week. I had to order a new driver from Polk.
2001 SLE, Diamond White Pearl
nkx1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Gunman » Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:00 pm

no not at all, if you have other speakers in the same enclosure you could then damage the one that was out of phase, But either way i use to have polks as well, and gee there sure are really really easy to pop and blow :-?
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby _nkx1 » Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:21 pm

Oh, thanks for the info. The Polk driver that I was talking about did seem a little delicate and flimsy. Kind of surprising, because they were relatively expensive speakers (Polk RT800- cost $900/pair when new).
_nkx1

Postby Gunman » Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:46 pm

i really use to love my polks but at soon as i gave any type of power for music, they would bottom out on me, but for home theatre, they were great
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5