[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Front right tweeter out...
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Front right tweeter out...

Front right tweeter out...

Postby macster » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:44 am

Hey guys, today I just noticed that the passenger door tweeter isn't working. I checked the wiring behind my HU (aftermarket Pioneer), and even checked the wires in the door to no avail. Could my tweeter simply be busted?

Would it be safe to use a voltometer to see if there's any current actually going through the wires at the tweeter's connection-bracket?

I'm somewhat new to all of this, and while most of it is straight-forward for me, some things are still unfamiliar...

What would be my best options?
macster
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ZXLNT » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:51 am

Yeah you can do that, you wont hurt anything. The meters impeadance is very high. Set it to AC volts or milivolts and see what you get. You could even just hook another speaker to it and see if you get sound..
ZXLNT
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby blaK » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:41 pm

Kool.
WTF WITH ALL THE HUGE SIGS??????
blaK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby macster » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:49 pm

Well, I tested the wiring and the voltmeter did read a current. So I can assume it's not the wires that are bad, but the tweeter?

Anybody have some factory solara door tweeters laying around they'd like to sell me? :)

Or, is there a comparable door tweeter I could replace it with?
macster
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby viper1400 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:03 pm

First of all, usually tweeters don't just stop working. If they are busted, they will usually just distort.

I think there might be a connection loose somewhere between the headunit and tweeter. Usually when someone installs your headunit, they still use the factory wiring to connect the speakers up to the HU.

Where did you put the probes from the multimeter?
I would check:
Wire behind headunit that goes to your passenger door on one side and each of the wires that come out of your tweeter.

If one of those fail, then probe each wire on the tweet and check that. If that does not fail then there is a problem between your head unit and your tweeter.

If none of those fail, and your speaker on the same side works, then either you tested it wrong, or I don't know wtf is wrong.

Keep us posted
"I'll get it when i have the money..."
viper1400
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby macster » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:58 pm

I checked the wires behind the HU, and on the bracket (in the door, behind the tweeter). They all checked out fine. Perhaps the wires between the tweeter and the bracket are no good. We'll see when the replacements come. solaraheno was nice enough to sell me his tweeters for $10. I'll take everything apart again and test it all out once they arrive.
macster
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby macster » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:18 pm

Well, the tweeters I got from solaraheno came today, and now all is well. :)

I really owe him one. It sounds much much better. (No more muddiness from the passenger door!)
macster
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby solaraheno » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:42 pm

thats alsome man... :)
solaraheno
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5