[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - What do you think of this setup?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

What do you think of this setup?

What do you think of this setup?

Postby flipside » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:51 am

I've been looking around for some time now, and I think i've settled. This is what I am planning on getting...

Alpine CDE-9881 Head Unit
Infinity Ref. 1600a Amp | 600w RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
2 12" Infinity Ref. 1250w | 300w RMS each

I also have the JBL system and I was wondering how I should go about removing the bass from the rear 6x9's. I blew out one and it sounds good as long as there isn't a lot of bass going to it. Right now I have it faded toward the front and the bass turned down to 3. Should I just leave it like that or is there something I could buy that would filter out the bass frequencies for the rear speakers?
flipside
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby bri_n_m » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:59 pm

don't know anything about your equipment but why don't you just unplug your rear speakers or better yet take them out?! I removed them since i found them useless. Sucks for rear passengers though.
bri_n_m
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Kenz » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:18 pm

The 6x9's put out all of the mid bass. Your system will sound like crap without them.
If you are just looking to blast teh bass out, sure they wont matter.

You want a good sounding system? You need the rear speakers.
- Mack
Silver `03 i4 5 Speed
Dropped w/ Tein & KYB
OBX Cat Back
Kenz
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5