[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Installing new deck but I need a special wireharness????
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Installing new deck but I need a special wireharness????

Installing new deck but I need a special wireharness????

Postby r0w » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:43 pm

Hey guys,

I has just recently bought a Kenwood Deck and got all the stuff to install it my self and when I went to do the wireharness it was wrong! :( I search around and drove all over to find the right now, finally when I got to future shop one of the guys in there asked me if I had a premium system in my car and I said yes. He then began to tell me that I need a special wireharness that would take 2 - 3 weeks to get...:( Do you guys know where else I can get my hands on a wireharness for premium systems?? Or what I should do? I was really happy to go n DIY and very gun-ho then i ran into this problem :( any words of advise would be great guys :) help!?!?!

r0w
r0w
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby theprodigy79 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:22 pm

I sliced and spliced, but that's just me... It's free, and it's the most efficient / best quality method.

I'm sure you can find the harness online, check Crutchfield and other audio sites. You need the "special" harness to bypass the premium system amplifier located behind the glove box.

Good luck,

-James
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby trdkamuri51o » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:51 pm

wait u have a 1.5 right???? u should have a secondary plug that goes to the AMP..
need wheels? www.memoryfab.com - ask for david

-1JZ Bozo Camry = Cooler than Penguin crap in January on the face of Pluto.
trdkamuri51o
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby r0w » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:10 pm

trdkamuri51o wrote:wait u have a 1.5 right???? u should have a secondary plug that goes to the AMP..

Not sure what gen I have, I think it's 1 but not sure :S I have a 99 Solara 5 speed if that matters :S. I was gonna get bestbuy to install for me since i bought it from them and they said free installation if the deck is over a certain price which mine was so... I would feel more comfortable doing it my self..
r0w
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby theprodigy79 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:22 pm

Watch that claim bro, it's free installation plus additional materials if needed... They will charge you for the extra harness (dash kit, etc...) and labor to install it.
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby r0w » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:28 pm

theprodigy79 wrote:Watch that claim bro, it's free installation plus additional materials if needed... They will charge you for the extra harness (dash kit, etc...) and labor to install it.

Yeah I know that much, I already bought the Din kit so I'm ok there but the fact is I found the right wireharness online which is the same brand that they use and it like $$150 :S I if that is the case I just might take it to a shop and get them to do it cause I don't feel like pulling that much out for a friggin wireharness, I believe this is the proper harness for my car http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_521 ... 8113.html# I'm not the greatest with testing wires and all that jazz so I don't feel comfortable splicing the wires my self :(, I love to DIY stuff but when it comes to elec hardcore stuff i just cry! lol
r0w
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby bri_n_m » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:36 pm

i think this is what you're looking for....

http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=15629&highlight=metra

there are 2 plugs behind your radio. the one that was not in use would now be used to bypass the OEM amp. Pop out the radio and hunt arround back there for a white plug not hooked up to anything. The bag should also have what color wire on the harness does what.
bri_n_m
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby r0w » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:47 pm

bri_n_m wrote:i think this is what you're looking for....

http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=15629&highlight=metra

there are 2 plugs behind your radio. the one that was not in use would now be used to bypass the OEM amp. Pop out the radio and hunt arround back there for a white plug not hooked up to anything. The bag should also have what color wire on the harness does what.

hey bri_n_m thanks i found the right wires, they where hooked into another socket but i just pulled em out of there and hooked em up to what I needed :D by now I have no more low end :(..... hehe this means its time for a amp to power my subs :D. Got any suggestions guys? I have two MTX 12" Subs Sealed Box. I don't want some thing over kill just some thing to give me clear and nice deep low end bass :)
r0w
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Astro » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:14 am

Most important is to match the amps and subs. By that I mean, the subs equal the amount of watts the amps put out. Don't look at what the watts (which is max) on the box/amp cover says, look at the RMS rating. The max watts listed is what the amp puts on in like microseconds when you first turn it on. Also, look at the ohms, you want to match that too (2 ohms to 2 ohms, or 4 ohms to 4 ohms, etc). You can also bridge your speakers to bring the omh load down to match the amp (just note that your amp may be bridged already). Check this for more info: http://www.wikihow.com/Bridge-an-Amplifier
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro

Postby r0w » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:05 pm

hmmm interesting, thanks bro. I will keep that in mind while I amp shop :D once I choose I'll post what I'm going to go with :D and take pics when I'm done :D
r0w
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby tx72lt2 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:25 pm

What gets me, I check every website for the correct "wiring harness" for the Solara... It says its the same exact one as a 2001 Celica (which I have in my hands) and I go out to my Solara and it doesnt fit... Where did I go wrong>?
tx72lt2
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ---CAMRAZY--- » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:37 pm

Quick question, Do you have a jbl stock system? Which I am pretty sure you do.. You need to bypass the jbl amp from the head unit and then youll find your plugs.
If there are any haters in here right now that don't have anybody to hate on, feel free to hate on me.-Katt Williams
---CAMRAZY---
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby r0w » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:05 pm

tx72lt2 wrote:What gets me, I check every website for the correct "wiring harness" for the Solara... It says its the same exact one as a 2001 Celica (which I have in my hands) and I go out to my Solara and it doesnt fit... Where did I go wrong>?

read the posts above, I found mine in the back on the side of a metal frame peice, it will look like they are pluged into each other mounted on the right side to the front of the car, if you unplug those your reg wire harness will fit :D when I found them I was so happy :D, and if you still can't find em, just take it to best buy and they will find it for you :D lol GL soo happy with my new deck, Kenwood! :D I'll post pics once I do the Hvac lights which I am in the midst of doing :D so far I got rid of that ugly green :P
r0w
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby tx72lt2 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:25 pm

Yeah I do have the JBL stuff..
tx72lt2
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby tx72lt2 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:49 am

Figured the wiring harnesses out.. Piece of cake. Now I have to find a dash kit... Celica one is alot different.
tx72lt2
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Next

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5