[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Has anybody installed Power Cell Batteries?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Has anybody installed Power Cell Batteries?

Has anybody installed Power Cell Batteries?

Postby Ransom8707 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:18 pm

Well I was looking to buy a power cell battery since my amp keeps shutting down when runned to full power since my stock battery does'nt have enough power. I was leaning towards buying a Kinetik battery but the online calculator told me I need 3 1400 amps battery for $349.00 each :-? (which theres no way im going to spend $1000 to power up my amp)

Well anyways I just wanted to know can I just buy a 600 amp battery and install as it were a capacitator? and also replace my stock battery with another 600 amp battery? (if its possible) come on people I need help I have no knowledge in power cell batteries. :(
Ransom8707
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Midias » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:56 pm

I would consider 3 or so optima yellow tops in the trunk
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Kenz » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:20 pm

What kind of system are you running? What battery do you have now?

If its hitting so hard your running your battery down, a second one in the trunk would help allot.
I cant see that happnin unless your doing thousands of rms watts tho :o
- Mack
Silver `03 i4 5 Speed
Dropped w/ Tein & KYB
OBX Cat Back
Kenz
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Ransom8707 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:56 pm

Well im running a Kicker 2,500 watt amplifier using two Kicker 15's I had pics on here but the picture server is down right now. And im running it with my stock battery :). Thats why I was out looking for batteries.

Im actually running around 1,200 watts per sub. I didnt have this problem when I had this same system installed in my previous Tahoe since it had an aftermarket battery (dont remember brand) with a 2.0 farad capacitator no problems at all.

Any suggestion on how many? or what might fix this?
Ransom8707
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Kenz » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:36 pm

First thing is replace the stock battery with a deep cycle dry cell. Get a yellow top optima. That will help allot.

Running that much power you should upgrade the alternator. The stock one is only 80 amps or so.

At the very least get a big cap, with that and a better battery you should see a huge improvement.

But honestly, if your using all that power you probably will need a second battery hooked up in the back.
- Mack
Silver `03 i4 5 Speed
Dropped w/ Tein & KYB
OBX Cat Back
Kenz
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Midias » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:35 am

Search around a toyota sieana alternator is a direct bolt in and produces about 110 amps. I think it is only about a hundred dollars at autozone
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby philosophicaljt » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:15 am

wow, nice power. Get some cap's, and two yellow tops, and you should be fine.
2004 Solara SLE V6
Search
philosophicaljt
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5