[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Reverse wire on '99 Solara
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Reverse wire on '99 Solara

Reverse wire on '99 Solara

Postby boiphil » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:01 pm

I'm all ready to install my Pioneer AVIC D3 and have located all the wires I need to tap for VSS etc with one exception.

There is a lead for "reverse" which is intended for a backup camera (which I have no intention of using) so I would leave it disconnected, except it is also the wire that triggers the head unit password (if set) once the wire is disconnected.

Does anyone know where the easiest wire to tap for reverse would be under the dash? (Yes I know I can tap a tail-light at the back of the car, but I was hoping for something a little more elegant under the dash).
boiphil
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby corlon » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:00 am

should be red/ blk @ fuse panel in a white plug.
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby xgreekaricanx » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:41 am

where extacly is this wire located???
99 SE V6 5speed black
injen short ram intake
short throw shifter
magnaflow exhaust with res delete
6000k HID
3000k fogs
20% tints
IS 300 wheels chrome
kyb gr-2 struts
tein s-tech springs
xgreekaricanx
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:40 am

xgreekaricanx wrote:where extacly is this wire located???

I've tried doing that too other than the taillight but I couldn't find one..

BUT, if you choose to tap into the reverse light... this is what I did:
pop out the back black cover held by 2 clips for your taillight, for your reverse light you should see a red and black wire. When I wired up my backup camera, I think if I remember correctly, I tapped into the red wire, NOT the black.. or both. I remember it was just the red wire. I will double check this when I get to my car out of class.
The (look for the wire that is connected to your BULB harness) you don't need to search a great deal inside your trunk. it's really right there.
Will post back to confirm.
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5