[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - cd changer in 99 camry
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

cd changer in 99 camry

cd changer in 99 camry

Postby syxx » Sun May 04, 2003 12:09 am

i got a cd changer from my cousin and everyone says i have to buy a head unit before i can install it? is this true?
syxx

Postby Yanks0114 » Sun May 04, 2003 5:24 am

What cd changer do you have. You can possibly do FM Modulation. Give us a little more details on your system
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Guest » Sun May 04, 2003 5:35 am

well i got the stock that comes with the camry

and i got a 10 disc changer. i dont remember what the name of it is, ill look later

Postby syxx » Sun May 04, 2003 11:32 am

ok, i got a audiovox sp-10cd cd changer.
syxx

Postby c2g » Sun May 04, 2003 11:54 am

you don't need a new headunit you could do the fm modulator and play it through the radio but that wont sound as good as a direct connection your better off going with a new deck thats mp3/wma compatible cd changers are going to be obsolete why put in a bunch of cds when you can fit up to 22 hours of music on one cd
99 silverstream SE V6 18" RSL nengans, Streetglow head and fog lights, Reverse guages,
Kicker L7 12" DVC, MTX amp, panasonic 903U, sirius, shaved emblems, clear corners,
altezza tails, K&N filter, mesh upper & lower grill so far
c2g
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby syxx » Sun May 04, 2003 12:02 pm

ok, where can i get a good head unit that is wma/mp3 compatible and looks good in the cam?
syxx

Postby Yanks0114 » Sun May 04, 2003 12:04 pm

Goto crutchfield and checkout the available headunits. There are a ton of them.

Stick with pioneer, alpine, blaupunkt or kenwood.

More importantly, stay away from Sony and cheap no name brands
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby c2g » Sun May 04, 2003 8:01 pm

I'd stay away from the new kenwoods theres been alot of problems with them
99 silverstream SE V6 18" RSL nengans, Streetglow head and fog lights, Reverse guages,
Kicker L7 12" DVC, MTX amp, panasonic 903U, sirius, shaved emblems, clear corners,
altezza tails, K&N filter, mesh upper & lower grill so far
c2g
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby robi-wan » Tue May 06, 2003 2:00 pm

i just got the Pioneer DEH-P7400MP for 200 dollars and I love it. It is a great head unit. The only problems I have with it are a somewhat slower loading time with mp3s (not too bad) and naviation could be alittle easier/faster, but I guess i'm just used to my RioVolt portable mp3 cd player. My best bet is just running the cd on random and not messing with it.
silver 2006 mazdaspeed6
black 1999 solara sle - sold
robi-wan
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5