[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Nakamichi CD-500 for about $125 US, is it good?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Nakamichi CD-500 for about $125 US, is it good?

Postby DrLove » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:31 pm

Hi guys,

I send you some shots from my Nakamichi. I've made a DVD with 60 videoclip and it's great.. the sound quality of theses video are not perfect but that's cool to see great videoclip.

Sorry for the poor quality, this cam is crap.

SOLD 1999 Toyota Solara V6 SE white
Mazda 6 2010 6 speed black GS
DrLove
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Ruski » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:47 pm

WOW , that looks Nice . i like the look , very clean .. Umm were did you get this hook ip and do you have any more ;)
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DrLove » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:12 pm

Ive got the IN-DV7 at this low price because the guy was thinking that the DVD function was broken. I guess it woul sell it much higher if he knew that it is working fine.

I can send you his emil adress, he still have the CD-500 and MB-VI for $150 and $250 I think, maybe less if you ask.

Im happy with it. Now I would like to find a nice cnter channel DIN, I read that the Alpine is working fine, and the clarion is crap. But the price is high ($170) and I would need a mono amp..so would cost more than what I paid for the Nakamichi.. hehe.. Im think about an homemade solution with a speaker from a Dell LCD TV (broken tv).. and a cheap mono amp made by myself or buy for few bucks.. Im lectronic so I did few amp in the past.
DrLove
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Ruski » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:16 pm

i got a mono alpine amp laying around , im looking for a Dvd/ navi unit is the MB-VI or cd500?
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DrLove » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:19 pm

the only dvd unit from Nakamichi is the IN-DV7. The CD-500 is a AM/FM/CD/MP3 and the MB-VI is the same but with a integrated 6cd changer.
DrLove
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Ruski » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:35 pm

hmmm does this guy have anymore of the IN-DV7 ? SHoot me a Pm
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DrLove » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:34 pm

Hi guys,

I little esthetique question.. Do you think it would be beter if I use another color than white for the central console?

The nakamichi is a kind of red-orange and Im thinking about put some red transparent plastic behind the console to make it red/orange... my "white" console (made with blue transparent plastic).

Or maybe Im better to try another way with the white LED for the console, so it would look exactly like the gauges..
DrLove
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby NeFaRiOuS_SLE » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:40 pm

Hmmm.... I won't mind the touch screen at all, but it'll be even better if you can incorporate GPS/rear cam into it.
NeFaRiOuS_SLE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby PXLpainter » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:13 pm

woa_its_j3ff wrote:be careful with watchin DVDs while u drive man. i overrided my DVD unit in my car .. but im not goin to go watching TV while i drive, it's too dangerous. I thought it'd be fun but i've already nearly driven off the road a few times just by glancing at the screen.

Hey DQ - is that what REALLY happened when you recently "Almost Died"? LOL! :lol:
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby DrLove » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:15 pm

yes a GPS would be cool. But I never saw a GPS with only a video output and some control buttons.. Do is exist? Because the Nakamichi doesn't come with a GPS function.

I was thinking about asking my father a Garmin NUVI 250 for christmas and put it on the windshield. it's about $250.

For the rear cam, the Lara isnt's a van or something huge so it's not very usefull to get a rear cam, it would be cool of course, but I dont want that somebody steal my rear cam or be atrack t watch closer the car because It has gadgets..

My car is starting to get rust at the side bottom of the car.. this spring I will need to fix that.. it reminds me that Canada is a hard country for cars and that my car is a 99.. :cry:

The GPS is the next thing I want..I always print google maps sheets and it's dangerous when I open the light inside the car at night and try to read the sheet while driving.. lol

Would be better to get a side cam to watch girls without turning the head lol..
DrLove
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5