[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Nakamichi CD-500 for about $125 US, is it good?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Nakamichi CD-500 for about $125 US, is it good?

Postby r0w » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:56 pm

woa_its_j3ff wrote:be careful with watchin DVDs while u drive man. i overrided my DVD unit in my car .. but im not goin to go watching TV while i drive, it's too dangerous. I thought it'd be fun but i've already nearly driven off the road a few times just by glancing at the screen. I wouldnt bother overridin the system to drive n' watch. cops will rip you a new one if they catch you too.
well just my .02
hope you like your 'new' unit!

I agree! I have a hard enough time just glancing at my deck to see what track is on or to change the track and shift much less watch a DVD :o
r0w
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DrLove » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:46 am

No I will no watch DVD's while driving..that's stupid and dangerous.. maybe I will sometime put some videoclip to listen music..but I will never "watch" a program.

I found that it is the pink wire for the E-brake. No sound for now..Im searching..I will try the unit on my car to see if it works. I hope I didn't mess with a wire while the unit was on..

I will try on my lunch time and see what's wrong..

I will give news soon about it.
SOLD 1999 Toyota Solara V6 SE white
Mazda 6 2010 6 speed black GS
DrLove
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby aleki2424 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:58 am

dude, that unit runs for 700 ++ looks like u got some hookup. hope u ride is secure
are u running an amp? that might have something to do with your issue.
aleki2424
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:23 am

DrLove wrote:No I will no watch DVD's while driving..that's stupid and dangerous.. maybe I will sometime put some videoclip to listen music..but I will never "watch" a program.

I found that it is the pink wire for the E-brake. No sound for now..Im searching..I will try the unit on my car to see if it works. I hope I didn't mess with a wire while the unit was on..

I will try on my lunch time and see what's wrong..

I will give news soon about it.

pink wire? u mean red with white striped wire? i had to tap into that but then When I started up the headunit it said that my ebrake wasnt engaged, even though it was. So i got upset and just decided to override the ebrake control. THa'ts the only reason why i overrided the control because if i didnt, I couldnt even watch movies WITH my ebrake up. the I heard from some friends u had to put your ebrake up in a sequence order or something? for then it to activate?? :think: I dont know.. lol, well hope you get that headunit up and running man! i want to see some night shots of it installed. it looks really sweet.
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby DrLove » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:23 am

Hi guys,

I try my radio at lunch and it works pretty well! I did a temporary install just to see if I get sound from speakers..I feel beter now..I was quite anxious..

Yes the wire of the radio is kind of "baby pink" color..no stripes.. just pink. I don't need to do a sequence, just plug it to the ground.

Tonight I'm gonna solder the connection for the harness and put heatshrink to make a professional job. And tomorrow morning I'm gonna install it. I'm electronics (and working in a NOC), I must install it the right way lol.

Finally that's not bad for $270 US !!

DrLove
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:30 am

DrLove wrote:Hi guys,

I try my radio at lunch and it works pretty well! I did a temporary install just to see if I get sound from speakers..I feel beter now..I was quite anxious..

Yes the wire of the radio is kind of "baby pink" color..no stripes.. just pink. I don't need to do a sequence, just plug it to the ground.

Tonight I'm gonna solder the connection for the harness and put heatshrink to make a professional job. And tomorrow morning I'm gonna install it. I'm electronics (and working in a NOC), I must install it the right way lol.

Finally that's not bad for $270 US !!

oh my bad I misread. I thoguht you were talking about the E-brake wire. yeah the wire out the back of my headunit is also a pink ish color, more of a salmon though..
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

Postby DrLove » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:49 am

I don't know the color of the E-brake..that's a good question. I dont want to plug it because maybe sometimes I will want to use the DVD fonction when the car is moving.. for kids or passengers..
ok I don't have kids.. mmm
DrLove
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DrLove » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:55 pm

Hy guys.. I have some questions for you...

Tonight I installed my radio and it works pretty well..

I am searching for a special connector for the tv tuner.. it's a mini-din connector with 8 pins.. a little like a PS2 connector for the mouse and keyboard.. or a s-video cable.. but 8 pins.. comebody know where to buy this cable??

I only have a little problem when I want to install it.. first of all it is too big to be insert completely, so i needed to put the little cd case above the radio..

Another problem is the the factory rack of the toyota radio doesn't have the holes at the right place to screw it to my new radio and the little casing...

Does I need to buy another metal rack? theses 2 littles pieces arent working for me...

Somebody who put a 1 DIN radio can help me please?

thank you very much..
DrLove
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DrLove » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:01 am

Nobody can help me?

I am using the factory brackets.. and the radio can only be fix with 1 screw on each side..it's not very safe I guess.. and same thing for the little pocket DIN.. Does I need to make custom bracket? my radio is nude, I dont have a DIN rack with it..it's maybe the main problem? because I see 3 holes to screw the radio but nones fits perfectly to mount it..

Please help.. lots of people here put a new DIN radio.. thanks.
DrLove
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby aleki2424 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:47 pm

uuuuuum. i was able to combine the screw holes in my single din radio, and the lil pocket thingy with the holes on the factory brackets.
for some reason there seems to be little protrusions that need match up on ur nak stereo to guide you on alignment , , at least two on each side , other than that i would say that you might try finding a universal nakamichi bracket and try it out. i beleive on most sereos they iclude it.
8) nice to know it plays though
aleki2424
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DrLove » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:55 pm

the nakamichi is working pretty well.. I try a DVD and I was very impress of the screen quality..wow..really. The sound is clear and powerful, I tought that the problem beefore was the cheap speaker,but it was the factory radio!..

Im gonna try again tomorrow..today is rainning here.. tomorrow will be sunny but cold.. if it doesn't work Im gonna drill some holes on the braket to make it fit right.

thanks.
DrLove
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DrLove » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:34 pm

Today I installed the radio again. Now all is perfect.
I didn't know that the radio needed to be a litle out the central console.I only needed to smach 2 littles spots to make the brackets fit the radio. The radio is less "hide" this way.. it doesnt anymore like a OEM radio.. luckly my windows are tints pretty dark. I think I'm gonna try to find some security screw to fit my radio so nobody will be able to remove it except me. Or get finally an alarm hehe

Im gonna take some pics and sen them to you guys.
DrLove
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Ruski » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:41 pm

Lets see some pics.. and dude if some would want to take your radio security screws wont safe you, if they cant get it out they will smash the screen then youll be screwed no matter what
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DrLove » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:41 pm

:cry:
DrLove
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Ruski » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:49 pm

just telling you what happens not trying to discourage you or anything.. But i wanna see some pics of your install :)
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

PreviousNext

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5