[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - audio question
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

audio question

audio question

Postby Seanboy » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:20 pm

does anyone know a good wattage amp for a sle stock speakers? im trying to get a good sound out of my jbl's without my subs....subs are old school and too bulky. trying to get rid of them...
Seanboy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: audio question

Postby crispone » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:49 pm

Seanboy wrote:does anyone know a good wattage amp for a sle stock speakers? im trying to get a good sound out of my jbl's without my subs....subs are old school and too bulky. trying to get rid of them...

1000W.

BWAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHhhhh ha ha ha ha!

Seriously... a decent couple hundred watt amp (don't skimp on power... inadequate power and distortion are what damage speakers...)

...but you really would do better to lose the stock speakers... bang for buck, imho.

Good luck.

-crisp :evilbat: :drinking:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby redgen1 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:51 pm

or go the route i did and fiberglass your subs : ) a little more effort btu a lot more space and a lot less weight.
02 SLE V6
Kaizen *constant improvement*

-progress on hold while another project takes priority
redgen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

more questions..

Postby Seanboy » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:40 pm

u need a four way amp to hook up to the stock speakers right?...what would happen if u hooked up a two way?....dont know crap bout audio
Seanboy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby AllShowNoGo » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:25 pm

most aftermarket speakers will sound way better then the jbl's, and a aftermarket amp will probably blow your stock speakers.

Those stock jbl's are garbage. U will uderstand what im talking about when u compare them to aftermarket.

They may say JBL, but toyota puts in massive special orders and downgrades the speaker quality to get them cheap.
AllShowNoGo
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby blaK » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:27 pm

Bi-amp everything!!!!
WTF WITH ALL THE HUGE SIGS??????
blaK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5