[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - my speaker questions
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

my speaker questions

my speaker questions

Postby Seanboy » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:07 pm

are my speakers running off my aftermarket amp, if my amp is plugged into the sub input in the aftermarket head unit?
Seanboy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: my speaker questions

Postby r0w » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:47 pm

Seanboy wrote:are my speakers running off my aftermarket amp, if my amp is plugged into the sub input in the aftermarket head unit?

ok you aren't making any sense there, your speakers will only run off your aftermarket amp if you hooked them up, or wise they will run from your new either aftermarket or stock. you can control the subs with your aftermarket head unit but if you don't have an amp to power it then it won't run. do a search and you will find what you need to know people have posted their setups, i also have mine on my page check it out if you want.
r0w
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

audio

Postby Seanboy » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:17 am

i was referring to my actual speakers with the tweeters not the subs...i was just saying the amp was connected to the head unit through the sub input....
Seanboy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:24 am

did you bypass the factory amp?
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Mole » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:49 pm

post in the correct forums !
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby Chinky420 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:54 pm

i dont think so....if you're having to ask. there is a factory jbl amp built in, and if you don't remember bypassing the factory amp, and then plugging the tweeters and cabin speakers into the aftermarket amp, then probably not. conventionally, when installing a sub system, the amp used will only be powered to run the subs (check out where your sub amp is mounted. if the line out goes to the subs ONLY, then the answer is no)

the amplifier only works in one direction, as in, it will only power that which is downstream of it. so just hooking the amp up to your headunit will not allow it to power the speakers which split off before the amp comes into the picture.

think of it this way....the head unit splits and original signal goes to both the factory and the sub amp. both amps will amplify the signal to the speakers that are behind/after it.....so the factory amp will power the cabin speakers, and the sub amp powers the sub.

hope that helps
Chinky420
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5