[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - backup camera question...
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

backup camera question...

backup camera question...

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:56 pm

so im looking to install a backup camera in my car .. i want it because it will aid in me backing up since with my windows tinted so dark, at night i literally cannot see when I back out and i don't want to stick my tropical asian head out the window in this cold weather.

I'm looking to get the one's avail at circuit city since i used to work there my buddies who still do, can hook me up.
I'm not sure what kind to get..

but i was looking at the last 3..
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Video-ac ... orylist.do
OR
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 6507246436

what is your guys' input.
I'm biased because one is more discreet but may be a lil easier to steal if found, and the other is less discreet but maybe more secure??
inputs and suggestions is appreciated!!!
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby MCOjerry » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:41 pm

If you are worried about someone stealing it, the tag mounted one (2nd link) would probably be best. Not many people would even notice it's there.
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:09 pm

you mean the one at best buy? the license plate bracket one?
But for those who love,

Postby MCOjerry » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:01 am

Yes.
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby lo siento » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:10 am

What are you doing for a screen? I was just at bestbuy and was looking at their cameras but they didn't have any screens unless you had an entertainment system in your car. I have a 2007 without the NAV and would need a screen and place to mount it.

I found this wireless camera setup.

http://www.roadmasterusa.com/backupcamera_vr3.php
lo siento
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:30 am

lo siento wrote:What are you doing for a screen? I was just at bestbuy and was looking at their cameras but they didn't have any screens unless you had an entertainment system in your car. I have a 2007 without the NAV and would need a screen and place to mount it.

I found this wireless camera setup.

http://www.roadmasterusa.com/backupcamera_vr3.php

I have 7inch in-dash dvd receiver.
But for those who love,

Postby SolaraBlue » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:22 am

DONT get the license plate frame backup camera, it SUCKS! i had it for a couple weeks.... bad resolution and didnt "auto-brighten" while reversing at night... useless! you get what you pay for....
so i switched to the eclipse camera, works amazingly. couldnt be happier.
(or the pioneer) either one will work great.
SolaraBlue
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Ruski » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:36 am

Like solaraBlue said go with the eclipse my friend has one on his 08 Tl-s and loves it .. hes had the license plate one too and returned for the same reason as stated above
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:13 pm

SolaraBlue wrote:DONT get the license plate frame backup camera, it SUCKS! i had it for a couple weeks.... bad resolution and didnt "auto-brighten" while reversing at night... useless! you get what you pay for....
so i switched to the eclipse camera, works amazingly. couldnt be happier.
(or the pioneer) either one will work great.

man am i glad I didnt get the license plate one then..
audiovox - but surprisingly it works great. when i am in park and my screen is down, when i shift into reverse , the screen automatically opens up and shows whats behind me, pretty cool.
I like driving with it on. kinda looks like a video game. i might post pics later on.
But for those who love,

Postby DrLove » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:06 pm

why not getting the radar thing who makes "bip" closer and closer when you start to be close of an object... do you know what Im alking about? I was think about a cam because of my new dvd unit... but with the dirt I guess that the cam will be too dirty after 2 days to see trought the dirt.. no?
SOLD 1999 Toyota Solara V6 SE white
Mazda 6 2010 6 speed black GS
DrLove
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SolaraBlue » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:55 pm

DrLove wrote:why not getting the radar thing who makes "bip" closer and closer when you start to be close of an object... do you know what Im alking about? I was think about a cam because of my new dvd unit... but with the dirt I guess that the cam will be too dirty after 2 days to see trought the dirt.. no?

i can see very clearly through my eclipse backup cam and i havnt washed my car in weeks.... even when it rains its fine.
if your system can utilize the cam, go for it. the "bip" is probably more for cars without the capabilities of the backup cam...
SolaraBlue
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DrLove » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:16 pm

ah ok thanks for the info.. I will start to search for a wide 110 angle cam with infrared LED on it.. maybe something cheap not mount on the licence plate..it s too easy to steal it..maybe something juste under the car??
SOLD 1999 Toyota Solara V6 SE white
Mazda 6 2010 6 speed black GS
DrLove
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Sparky5e » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:18 pm

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i249 ... meras.html

Here's a site with about every back up camera avail. The one most recomend is the Eclipse BEC106 but I have no idea where to mount it on a Solara that would look good. I was thinking about the frame camera with night vision, but not sure how it would perform.
07 SLE Convertable
Blue Streak Metallic
TRD FSTB and RSB, OSB Pedals, OEM Nav, CPE Intake, Stainless sills, "color matching" floor mats
Sparky5e
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby hari-bhari » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:42 pm

i got this one from ebay (except without the license plate frame) and in black, and it works pretty well. really wide viewing angle (i can see almost around my entire bumper) and i highly doubt anyone would go through the trouble of stealing the cam because they would have to cut the wires and then go through the hassle of resoldering if they wanted to use it again. i doubt the common thief has those skills.

http://cgi.ebay.com/170-CCD-IR-REARVIEW ... dZViewItem
hari-bhari
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5