[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - "Hissing" sound from speakers
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

"Hissing" sound from speakers

"Hissing" sound from speakers

Postby mazen222 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:17 pm

I have 99 V6 stock Solara. I noticed that when I turn the volume to the lowest i can still hear a small hissing noise comming from all speakers.

The noise is the same as if someone would put the radio on a non existing radio station, but the noise is very low.

The noise is comming from all the speakers and its there when i turn on the stereo system (original), either on radio or CD or cassette. I played the Blanance and fade options, but the noise is still present on all speaker.

What can this be? maybe a loose connection?

Thanks for any tips!
mazen222
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby AllShowNoGo » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:41 pm

does the hiss get louder when u accelerate your car?
AllShowNoGo
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby vSolara » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:07 pm

Yeh, my JBL one does that too. I notice it whenever I try to play CDs. I usually just turn the volume up louder and I usually cant notice it then. Weird. Not really a big deal though. If anyone else has found a solution, let me know!
2001 Toyota Solara SLE V6 - Tinted Windows, Pioneer DEH-2100IB, Pioneer Door Speakers, Custom DIN voltmeter/switchboard, interior accent LED strips
vSolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby mazen222 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:58 pm

AllShowNoGo wrote:does the hiss get louder when u accelerate your car?

nope...

vSolara, it isn't a big deal.. and as soon as i put the volume a litle higher i cant hear it... but it would be nice to fix. I'll let you know if someone finds us a solution
mazen222
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby AllShowNoGo » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:06 pm

usually with aftermarket components common problems acccompied with hiss are bad grounds or bad rca connects. Since it sounds like both of u have oem head unit and speakers i am not to sure what to tell u. Have u guys upgraded anything on your car before the hiss started?
AllShowNoGo
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby mazen222 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:00 pm

not me... bought the car 5 months ago and it completely stock, the noise is there since i got it
mazen222
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby vSolara » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:36 pm

Yeh, same here, havent upgraded anything. My car is completely stock. Hmmmmm. Does anyone else's stereo do that? Thanks
2001 Toyota Solara SLE V6 - Tinted Windows, Pioneer DEH-2100IB, Pioneer Door Speakers, Custom DIN voltmeter/switchboard, interior accent LED strips
vSolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby AllShowNoGo » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:33 am

all of u guys should just upgrade your deck.
AllShowNoGo
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby jrzymuscle23 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:58 pm

my car used to do that till I put a new headunit and speakers in. I think its the old headunit picking up interference.. Thats all..
99 SE V6 stick-TRD exhaust-eibach's-Injen intake-18" Falkens...
jrzymuscle23
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5