[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Audio (alpine system)
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Audio (alpine system)

Audio (alpine system)

Postby Dannymihaylov » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:34 am

Hey guys,
I wanted to let you all know that I am putting in an amazing audio system in the next two weeks. At that time I will have the pictures.
For the time being I will let you know what I am putting in.
Deck: IVA-W205 - 6.5' LCD Touch screen, with DVD.
Inside Deck: PMD-B200 - GPS Nav with bluetooth, that will project on the deck. Also, slides right inside the deck.
Front(s): SPR-17S - 3/4 inch tweeter with 6 1/2 inch woofer for the door, with crossover. (supports 100watts RMS)
Rear(s): SPS-69C3 - 6x9 3-way speaker. (50 watts RMS, or 250 watts regular).
Trunk (woofers): SWR-1222D - 12" 500watts RMS, at two ohms.
Amp(s): MRP-M650 - This will give me 300Watts RMS per woofer at 2ohms.
MRP-F450 - For only my fronts, to get som extra kick and extra high's if I need them in my configuration.
Internal (deck) amp - This is a 4 channel 50watt built into the deck. I will send two channels to the back speakers.

Now for the advise part; I have thought about the config I want in my car audio for a while now, If anyone has any idea's I have not thought of please let me know :)

Cheers!
Dannymihaylov
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby AllShowNoGo » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:49 am

U should just run that 4 channel amp to all speakers.

running 200 watts to the front might blow them.

How much did u pay for the IVA-W205?
AllShowNoGo
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Dannymihaylov » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:05 am

The speakers can handle it, no problem!!! :)

I can get the IVA-W205 for 675CDN :)
Funny part is the Blackbird will cost nearly the same :( no discount on it.
Dannymihaylov
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby AllShowNoGo » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:36 am

i hear that. its hard to get deals up in canada, but im feeling our dollar at the moment. What part of toronto u from?
AllShowNoGo
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Dannymihaylov » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:41 am

Downtown Toronto, St. Clair and Yonge st.
Dannymihaylov
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby AllShowNoGo » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:49 am

ehhhh heeee... Im at broadview danforth.

we are trying to get a solara meet in toronto if u are interested go to events and look for t.dot meet
AllShowNoGo
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Dannymihaylov » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:54 am

I hope I have the audio system built before then. :) I will look into it soon! :D
Dannymihaylov
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby blaK » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:54 am

WHistlllllllllllllllllllllll congrats!!!!
WTF WITH ALL THE HUGE SIGS??????
blaK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby xet » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:30 am

send your subs more power, they are 500rms. I am sending my 12 type r 600wrms personally.

Also I personally dont like they typer components, my friend got them and they got decently loud but werent that much better than my "premium audio package" speakers. imo there are better components out there for that price range
1998 camry xle
2005 g35 coupe 6mt
xet
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Dannymihaylov » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:11 am

are you running our type R's 12" at 600wrms 2ohm or 4ohm :P I rather keep the 300wrms at 2ohm then got 600wrms 4ohm... lets just put it this way... a friend has the same subwoofer set up... he lost his ability to use his rear view mirror because the vibrations tilt it down... actually move the damn thing
Dannymihaylov
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby xet » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:47 pm

im running it a 2 ohm wired down to 1 ohm at 600wrms. If i turn it up yes my rearview mirror does the huge shaking thing and my side mirrors if i turn it up high enough.
1998 camry xle
2005 g35 coupe 6mt
xet
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby AllShowNoGo » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:14 pm

u guys need to dynomat your cars, I did to my whole car minus the floor and ceiling. Took me the whole day, but i cat tell what a difference it makes. Plus i put an inch layer of foam across my back dash. Theres nothing worse then cranking the bass and just hearing your panals move.

mobile dynamics told me 1mm of movement in your car equals 20 watts of acoustical loss
AllShowNoGo
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Dannymihaylov » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:31 pm

GREAT POST!!!! :) Now tell me how does one do it alone? Did you do it yourself? How is dynomatt put in? What is the dynomatt material? Give me the scoop! :D
Dannymihaylov
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby AllShowNoGo » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:38 pm

Its pretty straight forward strip your doors, back compartment and trunk. Expose everything to bare metal and wires; remove all wire clips with a needle nose or panel popper remembering where they go. At this point wipe all bare metal with some form of alcohol solution cleaning the exposed metal. Slowly cut pieces of dynomat (the smaller the easier) and start rolling it on your bar metal until uniform shape is achieved. Remember to cut holes for all panel clips, bolts, so everything fits.

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO- ... movie.html

Other points for added padding. I stuck dynomat on the opposite sides of my pillars in the rear, and layered the back dash with foam found under most carpets. Also I shoved foam between the window and back panel (This stops a lot of rattle)

There is a ton of information on the net about dynomat installation.

The product I choose is called ultimate b quiet. Picked up 100sq ft for 190$ cdn a fraction of what dynomat would cost

http://www.b-quiet.com/ultimate.html

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Ultimate-B-Quiet-100 ... dZViewItem

Bang for your buck best option to improve the road noise of your car. Plus it’s nice for people to hear your bass and not your trunk shaking.

Hope this helped
AllShowNoGo
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Dannymihaylov » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:10 pm

Ok i understand what dynomatt is, now how do I know how I install it? Do i pretty much slap it on the metal and it will stop it from vibrating? or what else can you tell me?
Dannymihaylov
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Next

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5