[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Replacement Tweeters
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Replacement Tweeters

Replacement Tweeters

Postby beloved » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:26 pm

The tweeter in the front drivers door went out. I don't know if it's blown, or if it's just disconnected. If it is blown is there a difference between the Toyota JBL tweeters and the regular Toyota tweeters. I have called the Toyota dealer for a price on a replacement because I'm sure it will be rediculous. I'm wondering what the size is for the tweeters and what brand would be recommended as a replacement. My budget is tight but I'm an audiophile. I love to hear all of the details in music, not just loud music. I'd be willing to replace all of the speakers at a reasonable price just to make the music balance out. Do replacement speakers sound good even though they're being driven from the stock JBL amps and crossovers? Also, I need all of my trunk space so I'm thinking about going with two eights or a ten pushed all the way back against the rear seat. I'm thinking about going with two MOMO 8's since they require very little trunk space. But I have one ten right now that requires 1.0 cu ft of internal volume. It's 125 watts RMS. Do you think that this will be loud enough to compliment the system? Really, all I want is just the one replacement tweeter. The rest of that was just a wish list if I can't find a replacement JBL tweeter. Does anyone here have one they'd be willing to part with? I'd still like a response to all of the other things mentioned, too. Thanks.
beloved
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby AllShowNoGo » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:34 pm

might be able to help u out, got to dig around and see if i still have them.
AllShowNoGo
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby beloved » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:29 pm

I'd really appreciate that. It's driving me crazy to have high notes only on half of the stereo. Thank you.
beloved
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby AllShowNoGo » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:31 pm

alright i have both of them, as far as i remember they work. Tell u what just pay for the shipping and 5 bucks and there yours.

AllShowNoGo
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby beloved » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:30 pm

I sent you a PM. Thank you very much. Now I can scratch that off of my Christmas list. Thanks again.
beloved
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby krawzyazn » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:32 pm

I was gonna say I might have some infinity tweeters forsale
2002 2AZ-FE SILVER Toyota Solara
<B>FIRST 2AZ Gen 1.5 Solara with Headers!!!</b>

<B>http://WWW.Obamastinks.net</B>
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby beloved » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:00 pm

Thanks but no thanks. I'd rather just stick with the stock system for right now. That way I wont have to change both of the tweeters. Thanks for the offer, though.
beloved
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Ransom8707 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:53 pm

How much for the Infinity tweeters?
Ransom8707
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5