[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - installing new HU help?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

installing new HU help?

Postby chrom3titan » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:39 pm

one more question, i'm setting up my subs & 1400W amp on friday, will that effect the loudness of my speakers inside? Because I'm really pissed off with my HU which is 4 x 50W.. my stock JBL system raped this thing in sound quality & bass. I don't want to lose my stock sound inside, all I wanted to do is get more bass. Is there any way possible to hook up my glove compartment amp to my new JVC HU? I havn't found anything on the stock amp behind the glove compartment. Thanks guys

PS: My new JVC HU has 4 x 50W and I read that the JBL amp maxes out a 200W so it wont really be any different. The problem I'm having now is when I turn my music up, I get really heavy distortion, and the bass compared to the JBL just sucks! I assumed its a wattage issue and not anything else? Can yall point me in the right direction here :)

another edit: returning this JVC for a nice pioneer , hopefully I wont be having the same problems
chrom3titan
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby chrom3titan » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:15 pm

yousef your gay

edit: matt your gay and stay off my login!
Last edited by chrom3titan on Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
chrom3titan
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Astro » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:14 pm

I think your speakers sound like crap because they might be underpowered (which is actually worse than overpowering), plus the fact they're different ohm rating. You're best bet is to buy new speakers rated at the power of the HU, or better yet just buy new speakers and multi-channel amp....Also, make sure your wiring is correct, sometimes if you reversed polarity (+ to -) on one side, it'll leave your bass flat - canceling it out. The way I test this, is use a 9v battery and hook it up to the speaker wire (+ to + and - to -), the speaker will 'pop' out if it's correct polarity. It'll 'pop' in it it's not.

Your new amp is not going to affect the other speakers. The amp will be hooked up by rca's located on the back of the HU just for the subs.

FYI, you say your amp is 1400 watts, that's got to be max power. What is the RMS rating? RMS is your actual power, the max power is what the watts hits when you first turn it on - it only lasts for like half a second. This is why amp makers can get away with labeling their amps with max power. Do you notice that you'll see 2 different amps, both with lets say 1000 watts, but 1 is $100 and the other is $500? If you look at the RMS rating on both, you'll notice that the $100 amp has a much lower rating. When you talk wattage, talk about RMS and not max power.
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby chrom3titan » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:22 am

kind of old thread lol i went through this weeks ago. But I upgraded to a pioneer HU and it made a WORLD of a difference. I mean just flipside up.. my speakers are fine now, my sub/amp is setup and are working just as I wanted them to! My setup kicks ass and i love it and anyone who comes in my car leaves dizzy lol (and they love it hah) but yeah the JVC HU was under powering my setup and i got rid of that, I give JVC a terrible review guys, so stay away from cheap head units! thx for the informed response astro!
chrom3titan
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Previous

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5