[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Need help, I dunno whats going on
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Need help, I dunno whats going on

Need help, I dunno whats going on

Postby chrom3titan » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:24 am

well it all started when I was installing my gauges, after I opened everything and installed my gauges (which are not connected to anything near my HU) my subs started acting funny, then they would not turn on sometimes , and then randomly like when I close a car door they would turn on, now they just don't.

Anyway, what happens now is the subs don't even work! What happens is RANDOMLY when I'm driving down the street my subs randomly turn on (when hooked up of course) and start making really weird noises out of sync, these noises have no pattern but they dont stop until I turn the car off. I can't even turn off the subs via my HU. I replaced both of the fuses in my amp. I used to hear this electric noise coming from my amp before, but when I played with the HZ it stopped.

So here's where I am right now:
1. I disconnected my amp to my battery
2. When the amp is on, the subs produce this really weird noise
3. The subs RARELY work, but when they do work its only for like 10 seconds and then they mess up.

I have changed nothing in my wiring setup.. except for taking wires off sometimes just to make sure its crimped properly etc.

Any help? thanks
chrom3titan
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:48 am

check fuses. check wiring from amp to sub. and check wiring of gauges. i had that similar problem when installed the a-pillar gauges (a/f) and (volt). i decided to reconnect EVERYTHING. honestly i didnt know what the problem was either, so i started all over from scratch. no issues since. wish i could be of more help but thats my only advice right now. good luck man.
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby corlon » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:55 am

so is your amp on all the time or is it cutting in and out? what happens if you disconnect your subs and hook something else up to the amp?
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby chrom3titan » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:32 am

what else can i hook up to this amp?
chrom3titan
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby corlon » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:08 am

you could hook up just a regular old spkr just to see if it has constant output. if it works fine then maybe one of your subs has a dead spot or something.
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5