[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New HU
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

New HU

Postby theprodigy79 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:35 pm

Realistically you'll be receiving 500W x 1 RMS out of that amp running a 4Ohm load, or 900W x 1 RMS out of it running a 2Ohm load... Do you know which Polk model the sub is?

4 Gauge should be fine for the power / ground, but that's about as small as I'd go (you may want to consider stepping up to 2 Gauge if you'll be running the 2Ohm load).

14 Gauge is fine for the speaker wire (assuming it's decent quality wire).

If you do mount it under your seat, just make sure it has sufficient breathing room, and that it's placed where it can't be kicked around / wires stepped on or pulled. I'm not sure about front seat clearance on the Gen 1s, but I'd say under seat mounting of a large amp like that is usually iffy...

Keep us posted!
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Jakecallun20 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:53 pm

Alright thanks James. The model of the Subs are unknown to me All I know is they are DB 12" polk subs. They are white with a black cone. So when you say 5/900 RMS x 1 depending on 4O or 2Ohm. What exactly do you mean? Will the amp be too powerful for the subs? or can that happen? I've always thought the sub takes what it needs. As far as the selection of under my seat is because my friend has the EXACT same amp for his Maxima, and it seemed to work fine. If not, I guess I will have to move it to the trunk then?
02' AV6 Accord Coupe- Daily
86' Mercedes 560SL- Project
99' Solara SLE V6- Sold 09/19/09 :(
Jakecallun20
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby theprodigy79 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:01 pm

Well, if it can fit under the seat and have a bit of room to breathe without being in the way then go for it! Just keep in mind a Maxima is a 4 door car, so you don't have to slide the seats all the way forward for people to get into the back. It would definitely would be a nice space saver... but otherwise you may have to use the trunk.

How much power the sub will draw / be able to run stable with depends solely on the sub itself. Ask your friend what model it is when you get the chance and let us know.
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Jakecallun20 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:20 pm

Alright, thanks. I'll try to extract a model number from him. About breathing room for the amp, about how much would I need for it to run safely? 3 inches around? or more? My passenger seat is manual so there aren't wires. Also are there any good ground points near the center console? (Incase I can mount it under the seat) I'm assuming I will need to ground the amp right? I've never done this before but I've got all the wires that I will need. Thanks for helping me out with this.
Jakecallun20
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby theprodigy79 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:55 pm

Grounding isn't an issue, you can just slit your carpet and ground it to the metal floor (just make sure it's scraped, sanded and cleaned, bare metal).

As far as breathing room goes, I'd just dry mount it under the seat and see how much room it has... Kinda "play it by ear" and see how it turns out. Make sure it doesn't get knocked around when your seat's moved, and make sure that it's not in a place where your passenger's feet will step on or kick the amp or the wires (whether front or rear)
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Jakecallun20 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:43 am

alright. I figured that I could do that for the amp ground. I'll let you guys know. I think I'll be building the box this weekend. Also ordering the Amp. I appreciate all the help. 8)
Jakecallun20
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Previous

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5