[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - In two weeks, Apline alarm system, Pioneer head unit, subs
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

In two weeks, Apline alarm system, Pioneer head unit, subs

In two weeks, Apline alarm system, Pioneer head unit, subs

Postby no_escape » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:20 am

I'm going to install a Alpine Prox and Perimeter alarm system. I'm gonna remove it from my old eclipse and install it in the 99 solara. I've never removed, let alone installed an alarm system. I'm not sure if the car came with a factory alarm... I'm gonna goto the toyota dealership and find out later today and see what the VIN tells me. Maybe I'll get lucky and find out the car came with keyless entry?

Anyways, is there any trick of the trade with installing an aftermarket alarm system?

I've done many stero systems and have friends who also have done many as well. So I don't see many problems with that. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna rewire all the speakers to a 12g or 14g. I went with a pioneer head unit since the XM is pioneer and it was $50 from a good friend. The subs are old but work great. Bought them in late 99... 12' Rockford Fosgate XLC Punch... yea I know rockford but I was 17... ;p Amp is a Rockford Fosgate 360ax2 and easy as hell to fix... which it needs. Gotta tear it open again and find out why it blew... again.

Again, any tricks I should know when it comes to the 99 solara and installing a sound system?

Thanks everyone for your help and input.
SC 4psi - 305cc - Jims Fuel Upgrade - AFC NEO - 190 Walbro - Tokico/Eibach - Short Throw Shifter - FTB - RSB - K&N Filter - Greddy Evo II catback
no_escape
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby boneezy » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:47 pm

-jbl has a built in amplifier
-run your power cable through the steering column
-dynamat your spoiler
1999 SE-V6 5spd
160,xxx miles
boneezy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby no_escape » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:26 pm

UNLV sucks wrote:-jbl has a built in amplifier
-run your power cable through the steering column
-dynamat your spoiler

Good to know thanks. I'm going to remove the jbl amp and use my alpine flex 4 75x4 amp for the interior speakers.

I don't have a spoiler, yet, so when I do grab one, I'll dynamat it.

The good news is the removal of the alarm was REALLY easy. Took less time to remove that then the stereo.

The bad news is that 4g power cable was pinched. So I'm going to get some new Monster 4g power cable.

Here's some pics of what I took out and the car in pieces.

SC 4psi - 305cc - Jims Fuel Upgrade - AFC NEO - 190 Walbro - Tokico/Eibach - Short Throw Shifter - FTB - RSB - K&N Filter - Greddy Evo II catback
no_escape
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby funboy102 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:18 pm

^^^ From that picture, it looks like your Eclipse was just a two seater.
1999 Solara SE V6 5-Speed PICS! http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=43759
funboy102
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5