[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Rear Speakers (6x9)
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Rear Speakers (6x9)

Rear Speakers (6x9)

Postby jdt.solara » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:28 am

One of my speakers kinda quit on me. The wiring of the coil to the actual cone came loose, I took it out and it was a pain to solder back together. It works but has about half the sound quality and performance. Has anyone upgraded their speakers or know of some good speakers I can look into?
jdt.solara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Mr_Chunkz » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:43 am

i love my alpine type R
i have type R 6x9
Type R mid bass ( from component ) in front door
Percision power tweeters
Type R 12
all hooked up to 2 Alpine V12 amps
no matter what ppl say about alpine ill swear by their speakers
as long as u get a good amp on them
- Mr_Chunkz -
The Daily
Mr_Chunkz
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SolaraMan7890 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:23 am

My speakers are quitting on my too lol. I think I want to replace all four, (tweezers are fine) because I still have the stock JBL's. What's are some better speakers, but for a decent price? I don't want to get an AMP... again that would be too pricey for me right now....
2000 SE.
SolaraMan7890
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby boneezy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:45 pm

alpine!!
1999 SE-V6 5spd
160,xxx miles
boneezy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby hari-bhari » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:33 am

I have vocals and I'm very pleased.
by the way, howdo you guys have ur 6x9s mounted? I have them mounted open air with some dampener around them, but they dont produce as much thump as my sealed components up front.
hari-bhari
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby AkiraSLE » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Im a mobile electronics installer and I agree that Type R's are an amazing speaker in all sizes, however... its all preference.

My self I enjoy my Polk audio Momo's for mids. They have a much warmer sound than the type R's do and a smoother midbass response. I am using Alpine amps though, the MRDM500, MRVF540, and MRVT320 to be exact. The reason I am rolling with alpine power is because it is very clean and bright, not to mention the MRVF540 has amazing control for the crossovers. I am going to stop right there about my system before I go off on a tangent lol.

My rule of thumb for amazing sound is = Pair a Bright sounding amplifier (alpine, infinity) with a warm sounding speaker (polk, boston) and warm head unit (pioneer, blaupunkt)and you will be blown away with FULL un-lacking sound quality.

My system specs for example:

Pioneer DEHP7800MP (24bit Burr Brown DAC)
Alpine V12 MRDM500 (running 10" JL W6V2)
Alpine V12 MRVF540 (running two sets of components in front)
Alpine V12 MRVT320 (running 6x9s in rear)
Polk audio Momo series for all of my mids

Its common sense really if you think about it, how do you think an alpine deck (generally bright sounding) is going to sound paired with alpine amps (generally bright sounding) mixed with alpine speakers (generally bright sounding)..... really damn bright.

Amplifiers aside, use warm sounding speakers with bright power behind them or just the opposite and you will be pleased with full beautiful sound.

Akira
Last edited by AkiraSLE on Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AkiraSLE
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby crispone » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:04 pm

nanka, akira kun ommoroi beh!

yeah, bright... akira... "AH!!!....KIRA!"

kira kira...

heh heh heh...

-crisp :evilbat: :drinking:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby AkiraSLE » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:14 pm

you misspelled ommoroi.....
AkiraSLE
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby rewmomi » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:46 pm

by the way if your going to change your rear speakers make sure they are high end speakers because trust me putting those bad boys in is a bi@tch!!!
rewmomi
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby AkiraSLE » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:00 pm

I agree, its not fun
MECP Certified... eat it.
AkiraSLE
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5