[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - What do you guys think of this CD unit?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

What do you guys think of this CD unit?

Postby Gunman » Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:14 pm

are you looking for mp3 playback? or are you just looking to improve the sound ? Are you happy so far with the sound out of the stock system? If so maybe a 4 ch amp with high level inputs might be what your looking for?
Solara's "official" handsome guy.
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Phenom24 » Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:27 pm

I'd like to have MP3 playback - and I don't really have a problem with the sound now.. (maybe a wee bit more bass, but still it's fine)

(was looking on Etronics' site and the Alpine 9813 looks cool, as does the Kenwood X769...)

Thx gunman...
Glenn

Now that I know you I could never turn my back away
Now that I see you I believe no matter what they say
Phenom24
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Gunman » Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:45 pm

both are very good radios, as well as reliable and excellent quality. Going on headunit only, with no major upgrades as far as amps. The alpine does have slightly more power. About 5watts rms, Could you hear the difference? Prob not. The alpine does give you more crossover points, where as this year the kenwood, changed over to a really high pass for the rear output, (that could make it sound pretty bad in our car) The kenwood does have the motorized dual face that looks really really cool, and alpine always of course with it elegent classic look. Alpine you can add xm and kenwood sirrius. I perfer sirrius if you read the satelite topic. As far as the kenwood goes, I like the look of the 869, which give you a much much better display. Though the alpine might sound slightly better in your car. unless your planing to upgrade the speakers for sure, then a true 2 way spk will sound great with the kenwood.
Solara's "official" handsome guy.
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Phenom24 » Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:06 am

Thanks gunman -

I'm going to go with the Alpine. Thanks for the recommendations!!!

Much appreciated.
Glenn

Now that I know you I could never turn my back away
Now that I see you I believe no matter what they say
Phenom24
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Grazi07 » Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:07 am

it almost seems like sony is engineered to break after a set period of time.... just to "ensure" sales.... I would avoid it. If you want cool looks... JVC El Kameleon (the first active-black) or the new Pioneer Ghost (100% touchscreen) are better values and have better track records
Team Nex-Gen: The new breed of speed!

Check us out at www.teamnexgen.net
Grazi07
SolaraGuy UConn Guy
SolaraGuy UConn Guy

Previous

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5