[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Some Clairifications?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Some Clairifications?

Some Clairifications?

Postby Sla » Fri May 02, 2008 5:13 pm

Ok everyone, I have done some searching on various topics and I still have some questions, I have an 02 if that helps with any answers

-I have the JBL system (without the changer), and right now I want to change speakers (in the door and rear), but will that require me to change the tweeters?

-I also saw some topics claiming it is good to change out the head unit with new speakers, is that really going to give you a change that you notice?

-Lets say that I do change the head unit, will any aftermartket double din fit without modification?

-Finally, I saw something that said there is an amp behind the glovebox and it will not work if you change the head unit, is it true?
Sla
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby redgen1 » Fri May 02, 2008 5:34 pm

you can work around the stock amp no problem - and you shouldnt have to change the tweeters if you dont want to. yes if you change youre h/u it will sound noticably better, not sure about the Double DIN question, im sure one of the audio guru's will answer it - i bet prodigy jumps on it first haha
02 SLE V6
Kaizen *constant improvement*

-progress on hold while another project takes priority
redgen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Sla » Fri May 02, 2008 5:37 pm

thanks man
Sla
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby gnegroni » Fri May 02, 2008 5:37 pm

Did you try www.crutchfield.com to at least look around? They would pop up an adapter if such was needed.
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby LatinUSMC » Fri May 02, 2008 6:38 pm

no cool or decent looking double din out there...i searched.. just get a single din.. i stayed w stock and upgraded the ipod adapter n speakers...just my .02.

http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=39821

wont find a better deal than unbalancedwoods'....^^^^^
ALL*TRD*...Revos,FSTB,RSB,Muffler+FSB.
LatinUSMC
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Sla » Thu May 08, 2008 10:01 pm

see double din is the best option for me b/c I want a cassette deck, I actucally still use cassettes, thats what was on my 94 camry coupe, and you thow em around and not worry about damage lol

another option I was thinking about was getting a gps deck, I think a big lcd deck would look sick in the car, but I would have to find the right one
Sla
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby QuickSEV6 » Thu May 08, 2008 10:18 pm

I originally started my system with just a nice pair of speakers. Image
It sounded ok. Then after a month or two, I installed a nice Alpine unit. What a world of difference. I just had to share that with you.
There is a big difference in head units.
QuickSEV6
Solara Driver Extraordinaire

Postby QuickSEV6 » Thu May 08, 2008 10:28 pm

Since you are asking for opinions...

I would stay away from your first and third posts. The first doesn't list a brand name and the third is Boss?

Clarion is a good name. I think out of ^^ those three choices, I'd go with the Clarion.

I still prefer Alpine though. Good luck!
QuickSEV6

Postby Sla » Fri May 09, 2008 10:49 am

thanks Quick, I knew clarion was good, but on the border about pyle and boss b/c I never really heard of them but the prices didn't really reflect some of the cheaper units I have been browsing through

two more options,

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?showAll=Y&g=300&i=113DPX502&tp=5684&avf=N

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?showAll=Y&g=300&i=130P8000BT&tp=5684&avf=N

I think the pioneer one would look great at night
Sla
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TMMK Toy » Sun May 11, 2008 9:35 am

Normally Id say Pioneer as I like their quality better but if you use an ipod at all the Kenwood seems like the better choice. Pioneer just has a usb hookup without specific ipod interface, so prob. could navigate through it better with the kenwood
TMMK Toy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Sla » Thu May 15, 2008 8:00 pm

TMMK Toy wrote:Normally Id say Pioneer as I like their quality better but if you use an ipod at all the Kenwood seems like the better choice. Pioneer just has a usb hookup without specific ipod interface, so prob. could navigate through it better with the kenwood

yeah my mp3 player is a samsung, the pioneer seems like a better choice also because of the bluetooth feature, the great thing for me is that this weekend the is one of those "auto liquidation" events in my town, so I figure that I will see If I can find any decent units/speakers before I buy online
Sla
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5