[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - My speaker mounts and sound deadening
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

My speaker mounts and sound deadening

My speaker mounts and sound deadening

Postby hari-bhari » Sat May 03, 2008 12:51 pm

I followed the guide on diymobileaudio, and used plexiglass to seal the large hole in the middle of the door panel. then i used raamatt on both sides in several layers. speakers were mounted to 1/2" mdf rings, surrounding by non hardening molding clay. behind the speaker is a layer of egg crate foam to absorb any back waves (this makes a HUGE difference in tightening up the bass). i tried deflex pads but didnt like it, so i switched back to foam. needless to say my doors thump like a sub now. the tweets were hot glued into the tweeter grill from the back side so it holds tight. speakers are dls ms6.

Here is the whole album: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... d=12801155

hari-bhari
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby gnegroni » Sat May 03, 2008 1:49 pm

Looks nice! This is definitely a bookmark for me!
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby hari-bhari » Sat May 03, 2008 1:56 pm

haha dont bookmark this thread, bookmark this:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27

i basically followed the instructions completely, and like i said, went with egg crate over the deflex (Wayyyy better). you would seriously not believe how much the door thumps.
hari-bhari
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby gnegroni » Sat May 03, 2008 3:12 pm

Thanks once again!
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby atclate » Mon May 05, 2008 1:05 pm

It'd be great if I could put these stuff around the back speakers~~~
How much are those? Where did you get them from?
For sale: Injen SRI, Randy's CAI extension, TRD Supercharger, TRD RSB, Jim's Torque Rod, 2003 Solara SLE with TRD Body Kit
atclate
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5