[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New System Install, a Couple of Questions
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

New System Install, a Couple of Questions

New System Install, a Couple of Questions

Postby RandyJ75 » Tue May 20, 2008 11:25 pm

Hello Everyone,
I have a '00 Solara that I am getting ready to replace the stock system, and I have some questions.
1. Door Speakers-I have a set of Focal TN-52 tweets and crossovers, but no mids. I am thinking/wondering if it would be possible to install some bigger drivers, say 8"? I was looking at some Seas drivers, but not sure if they would fit.
2. Amp Mounting- Other the the trunk, are there any good places to mount amps? I was wondering if I could put one under the pass seat, I rarely have rear seat passengers, so no worrys there. I know there are some air vents under there, would they be a problem?

Any help/info would be great, thanks in advance.

Randy
RandyJ75
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby redgen1 » Wed May 21, 2008 5:49 am

yeah thats where i plan on putting my second amp later this summer
02 SLE V6
Kaizen *constant improvement*

-progress on hold while another project takes priority
redgen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby hari-bhari » Thu May 22, 2008 10:13 pm

i wouldnt put an amp under the seat. its not that much more work to get the wiring to the trunk, just have to lift out the seat bottom for the back seat. amp under the seat can collect dust, heat, and kicks from backseat passengers. i mounted mine vertically on the back of my backseat
hari-bhari
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby RandyJ75 » Sat May 24, 2008 1:51 pm

Well, I installed the new Head unit, Eclipse CD4000 w/ iPod controller, when pretty easy, but the cheaply made plastic pocket looks like it is not in straight, so I will have to take it apart and mess w/ it some more. :roll:

But the most important thing is, it sounds great :bang:

I have been checking out the trunk, I guess the amp will go back there.
RandyJ75
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby boneezy » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:45 am

id like to add on to your list of possible amp locations.

i screwed mine onto the back of the big back seat. i also put my cap right next to it. looks pretty cool when you put the backseat down
1999 SE-V6 5spd
160,xxx miles
boneezy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby RandyJ75 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:51 am

I have heard about this from other people, but in looking at my car, it looks like the amp would not fit. It is too big to attach to one of the rear seats, so I am going to mount a piece of plywood in the trunk and screw it to that. I'll post some pictures when I am done.

BTW, do you have any pictures?

Randy
RandyJ75
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby redgen1 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:35 am

the only reason its not goin on the back of my seats is because the amp for my subs already occupies that entire space.. and my cap too hah
02 SLE V6
Kaizen *constant improvement*

-progress on hold while another project takes priority
redgen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5