[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Some goodies for the weekend
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Some goodies for the weekend

Some goodies for the weekend

Postby 1gSE » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:47 pm

part one of my rebuild. I installed the amp and 6x9's today. Those were a f*cking pain in the ass :x I'd like to the meet the person that designed the rear deck and punch him/her in the face. The amp was no big deal, since i left all the wiring in from my last amp. I just had to move some RCA's around, and it turns out i had a bad one cuz i was only getting sound out of one channel. So i'll slam dunk that one in the trash when i put in the components tomorrow. I dunno when i'm gonna order my other sub and amp, cuz i'm gonna be out of town for a few weeks in july. Once thats done, all i need to get is an Ipod and i should be done with audio

GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby solara2200 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:56 am

Nice alpine setup. I recently installed a single type r 12" sub and a mrp-m850 amp on my bros. gen 2. This thing pounds for a single sub. The only thing is that the third break light rattles like a mofo. Im also currently building a fiberglass box his type R since the box i originally built him looks plain.

What are you going with on subs, components and amp?
solara2200
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 1gSE » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:04 am

solara2200 wrote:Nice alpine setup. I recently installed a single type r 12" sub and a mrp-m850 amp on my bros. gen 2. This thing pounds for a single sub. The only thing is that the third break light rattles like a mofo. Im also currently building a fiberglass box his type R since the box i originally built him looks plain.

What are you going with on subs, components and amp?

thats the same sub and amp i'm getting :sweet: Which sub did be go with? 2 ohm dvc or 4 ohm dvc? I'm still debating but i'm leaning towards the 2 ohm
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Aotoyota » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:15 am

Get the 2ohm dvc. then wire it to 4ohm, the bass is sooo much tighter, its great.

I have a type- r running at 8ohm off a pdx-1.1000 right now and its hits hard and accurate!
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DiamondPearlSolara01 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:26 pm

Alpine is the way to go I have two v12 mono blocks hooked up to two type R's... making me as deaf as 85% of the other 50+ yr old women who drive solaras....
2001 Solara V6 SLE

TRD - K&N - Alpine - Infinity

DiamondPearlSolara01
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 1gSE » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:12 pm

Aotoyota wrote:Get the 2ohm dvc. then wire it to 4ohm, the bass is sooo much tighter, its great.

I have a type- r running at 8ohm off a pdx-1.1000 right now and its hits hard and accurate!

I think i'm gonna pass on the mrp-m850, and go with the mrp-m1000 instead. It's only 15 bux more, so why not. I looked up the specs on your amp and that bad boy puts out some power :D Outta my price range though

DiamondPearlSolara01 wrote:Alpine is the way to go I have two v12 mono blocks hooked up to two type R's... making me as deaf as 85% of the other 50+ yr old women who drive solaras....

^^ lol
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5