[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Stock Speaker Rating
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Stock Speaker Rating

Stock Speaker Rating

Postby Justjoe96 » Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:03 pm

Does anyone know the exact stats for the stock speakers in a '99 Solara SLEV6? I did a search but didn't find the list that i want (power rating, ohms, ect ect.) I basically want to know if i am gonna blow them when i hook up my after market system and should buy new ones before installing it. Thanks.
Justjoe96
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Mole » Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:59 am

i think tstock stock speakers are like 20watts. look under the magnet on the rears inside the trunk. you might consider getting newer ones.

the stock ones will last, but not for long.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby aleath » Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:53 am

I have an Alpine v-drive head unit which puts out around 27 watts / speaker rms. I still have the stock speakers and I have had no problems, but I probably will end up replacing them eventually. From what I've read on here, the stock JBL amp puts out anywhere from 13-17 watts RMS to the speakers. My stock speakers handle the extra power well and with the head unit tuned correctly sound great.

There are no power ratings on the magnets for the speakers in the rear deck -- it just says Toyota across the magnet.
Silver 02 Solara SE V6
aleath
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Yanks0114 » Sat Jun 14, 2003 12:35 pm

I completely agree with you aleath. I have the pioneer AVH-P6400CD which does 27watts RMS/channel and it sounds great.
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Justjoe96 » Fri Jun 20, 2003 4:01 pm

Thanks guys, i'll have to do some tests.
Justjoe96
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5