[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Pioneer AVH-p4000 theft question..
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Pioneer AVH-p4000 theft question..

Pioneer AVH-p4000 theft question..

Postby socalisolara » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:05 am

i am thinking about adding pioneer avh-p4000 in my 00 solara but i am worried that it might get stolen. Any recommendations?
socalisolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby YESCA » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:18 am

Don't get a pioneer avh-p4000. LMAO! J/K

If you have an alarm that will help. Tinted windows people say that will help, but in my past experience, that only invites them over to see what you have.

You can always weld the unit to the car... HAHAHA!

Pretty much the best thing you can do is keep it loe profile. Don't go showing it off to anyone. you never know who is out there. When my Camry was broken into and all the AV stuff was yanked out. I found out that it was my brothers friend. He was jelous and he wanted it.

So i would try and keep things low profile.

My 2 cents
YESCA
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Midias » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:09 am

There is nothing you can really do if some low life wants it he will find a way. Get an alarm lock your doors and hope all you can really do. It is just a risk of having nice things and I really hate thieves.

YESCA wrote: I found out that it was my brothers friend. He was jelous and he wanted it.

I hope there was one heulla ass whooping after that.
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 1gSE » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:49 am

Midias wrote:There is nothing you can really do if some low life wants it he will find a way. Get an alarm lock your doors and hope all you can really do. It is just a risk of having nice things and I really hate thieves.

YESCA wrote: I found out that it was my brothers friend. He was jelous and he wanted it.

I hope there was one heulla ass whooping after that.

+ 1 some asshole broke into my old cavalier. All he could get was the face plate (you have to take the dash apart completely to pull the stereo out) but the retard left his finger prints all over my window. He paid me $500 and his lawyer told me breaking into my car was the least of his worries. He went away for 18 months. Idiot
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby YESCA » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:45 pm

Midias wrote:I hope there was one heulla ass whooping after that.

I wish I would have done it, but my insurance covered every thing and from what my brother said he destroyed everything he stole so it was rendered useless. Needless to say he no longer talks to him and when my bro found out that he stole from family..... well long story short, the dude woke up one morning with a pint of brake fluid poured over his 350Z.

Like I said... keep your stuff low pro, and don't be a tard and bump your system close to where you live. Just a little of my life lessons.
YESCA
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Gangis » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:44 pm

^^

Sorry for OT, but what does brake fluid do when poured over a car? Heh...
2002 Solara SLE V6 convertible - GONE as of 3/2010
2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 S Hatchback
Gangis
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby YESCA » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:36 am

Lets just say it takes the clearcoat, paint, and primer right down to the bare metal. You would not know that until you try and wipe it off. :drinking:
YESCA
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Gangis » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:45 am

NICE! :D
2002 Solara SLE V6 convertible - GONE as of 3/2010
2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 S Hatchback
Gangis
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby NeFaRiOuS_SLE » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:41 am

Here's my ghetto recommendation since it has no removable faceplate:

1. Find a photo of, or carefully take a picture of (taken in even lighting; you don't want glare spots to occur and ruin the picture), of either an OEM radio that is intended for a Toyota or a cheap radio that's believable (e.g. Jensen, Dual, etc. mediocre radio; don't go for the AutoZone AM/FM only radio :lol: ), preferably ones intended for a double DIN. If your printout doesn't look 100%, don't worry about it; the average thief will only spend 3-4 seconds shining a light into the car, and the actual theft work shall not ideally go past 3 minutes.

2, Print the picture of the radio on matte photo paper (matte = not glossy). If your replica is a single DIN, be sure to add a black section below it, and out the graphic to fit over the radio. If there are any protruding knobs on your radio, retract it if you can (I have no idea if yours does or not). If not, lightly Photoshop your mark radio to match the location of the real radio (you don't want the knob to protrude out of the mark's radio's preset button row, do you?), then craft a knob cover to protude outwards and cover the knob.

If you need to cut out

3a. If there's enough gaps around the edges of the radio, create tabs that can fit into the gaps as well, but make sure that they're black as well to blend in.

3b. If tabs are either impractical or can't be done,
Make sure that either the back side of the photo is laminated or put clear tape where you intend to tape it; this reduces the chances of the photo ripping if you need a new layer of tape.

4. Get some double-sided tape that has a weak bond (think Post-It weak) or roll up some masking tape... Or you don't, dab it a few times on some clothes until there's enough lint to lose the bond; if the bond is too sticky then it gets hard to remove and/or will leave a residue.

5. Like other members said, don't bump your system in conspicuous places, and put your cover over it when you're not in the car..
NeFaRiOuS_SLE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby socalisolara » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:30 am

Guys thanks for all your ideas. While browsing, i found this picture... This guy used his oem headunit to cover his double din dvd unit.
socalisolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby facevedo17 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:02 pm

There is no getting away from it I had a JVC dd Dvd player on mines for at least 2 years ...they broke my window and took that sucker .....best security is there is none ... tinted windows keep a low profile or have a pet snake in your car that should keep them away lol

Thats not a bad idea neither .....
[
facevedo17
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5