[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - rear passenger side speaker blown out?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

rear passenger side speaker blown out?

rear passenger side speaker blown out?

Postby mightymouse402 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:10 pm

Hello all,

This is my first post on this board which is great btw. I just got a 1999 TRD Toyota Solara back in May. Today when I was listening to some music, i could hear like a vibrating/ crackling noise from the rear passenger side speaker whenever the bass hits in any song I'm listening to. :( It is very irritating to hear it, and I was planning on taking it to the audio shop tomorrow to see what's wrong, I was thinking maybe someone could help me out or tell me what the problem is? I have the stock JBL system in the car just for reference purposes.

Any responses are appreciated.

Thanks!
mightymouse402
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Chinky420 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:00 pm

we may need some more information....i.e. do you have the OEM head unit, or is there an aftermarket stereo there? also, how loud do you usually listen to your music?

you can always use the fader/balance feature on the stereo to check each speaker individually. that'll give you a better idea of whether it's blown or not.

but, it's probably blown, if i had to guess...
Chinky420
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby mightymouse402 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:02 pm

i have the oem head unit, and i did mess with the fader to isolate the speaker and i listen to my music loud, but not loud enough where i can't here what's going on outside of the car.
mightymouse402
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Ransom8707 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:40 pm

you might need to replace your speakers soon for some aftermarket

since i sorta had the same problem little did i know they were blown
Ransom8707
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5