[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Need HELP! Wiring Harness...
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Need HELP! Wiring Harness...

Need HELP! Wiring Harness...

Postby ArizonaEagle07 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:09 pm

Ok so I have searched through 20 pages of forums about this topic. I have gotten a few answers but a bit confused.

I have a: 2000 Solara w/ JBL Audio System
I will be installing: Double Din Pioneer AVIC-F90BT Navigation Unit
& will be "bypassing" the factory amp.

I have taken out the 6 Disc CD Changer.
1 Harness & 2 Cables were connected in back of the unit.
A thick cable I believe that was the Antenna and a thinner one, which im not sure what it is.

Anyways, what do I do to bypass the factory amp?
According to the Forums in the top right there are 2 harnesses which were made by toyota to bypass the amp is this what I use?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
I am willing to do a DIY this weekend or later next week on installing a Double DIN Navi Unit & how to bypass the factory AMP.[/u][/i]
RIP: 2000 Toyota Solara SLE
ArizonaEagle07
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jakecallun20 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:36 pm

Alright in the upper right hand corner of the dash opening (if my memory serves) there should be a harness plugged in somewhere. It should be easy to find and when you do, unplug it and use the end that fits your new aftermarket harness to wire up your new Nav. Hope this helps, PM me if you have further questions. 8)
02' AV6 Accord Coupe- Daily
86' Mercedes 560SL- Project
99' Solara SLE V6- Sold 09/19/09 :(
Jakecallun20
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Duffman » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:47 pm

Jake's memory does serve rather nicely.

The Solara's stock stereo runs its wires to the factory amp, and the factory amp in turn feeds its wires to the harness which will appear in the top right of the cavity, if you're looking directly in where your stereo ought to be.

Fun sidenote - if you take out the factory amp and just plug the JBL stereo into that harness, it still works just fine. :)

Feel free to post or PM if you get stuck - I love working with car audio but sadly, none of my friends have done any upgrades recently. :(
2002 Toyota Solara SE V6 5-Speed
2005 Pontiac GTO 6-Speed
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250 ABS
Duffman
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Pogs » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:48 am

Do you want to do a DYI on the DD nav install. That would be awsome expecially taking pictures when your finding the VSS or any other problems/hardships you face.
Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it.
Search and Win
Its a search engine that gives you random points to get free stuff they offer.
Pogs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5