[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Audio Help...
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Audio Help...

Audio Help...

Postby BLACK V6 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:39 pm

This is what im have a question about. Its line output convertor. I know everything that it does and I have hooked up already I just havent turned anything on until I find out where a wire needs to go. Thats where your all's help comes in. On the output part of it. It has two RCAs which I know go into the amp, but there is also a small brown wire coming out with those. It dosent have a connector on it it is just a stripped wire. Is it another ground for me to hook up(woo hoo.. :-? ) or is it for somehthing else? Any help would be appreciated... Here is a pic of it though most of you know what they look like. You can see the very tip of the brown wire on the right side.

2002 Desert Silver Metallic RSX Type S

BLACK V6
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby BLACK V6 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:39 pm

Help... Please... Anyone??? :(
2002 Desert Silver Metallic RSX Type S

BLACK V6
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby corlon » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:35 pm

the brown wire is to be grounded only if you have noise in the system. if your using it for a sub then it probably won't be needed. you need to hook up the other wires to a set of speaker outputs. either behind the headunit or @ the speakers.
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Duffman » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:52 pm

Do you have a link to the manufacturer?

My guess would be that the wire functions as a power indicator lead. Some amplifiers will have a lead wire that is supposed to run from the head unit to the amplifier - the head unit will send a low-power signal to the amplifier to tell it to turn on. This is done to ensure that the amp isn't staying on when the stereo's off, or the car is off. I can't think of any reason for your adaptor to be connecting to ground - does it also connect to a positive power source, or is the only input to it coming from the speaker line-in wires?

If you don't have a link to the item from the maker, maybe some extra pics might help too.
2002 Toyota Solara SE V6 5-Speed
2005 Pontiac GTO 6-Speed
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250 ABS
Duffman
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5