[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Pop when turning amp off after long drive
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Pop when turning amp off after long drive

Pop when turning amp off after long drive

Postby hari-bhari » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:54 am

After I go for a long drive (like about 2.5 hrs), my speakers pop when turning the car off. This doesn't happen after short drives. I'm assuming this is due to a buildup of charge somewhere. Could it be the amp ground? I don't have any hissing or alternator whine whatsoever, so I assumed my connections were fine.
hari-bhari
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby corlon » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:59 pm

is it through the factory spkrs or an aftermarket amp with subs? if its aftermarket its probably a bad or going bad capacitor inside the amp.
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby hari-bhari » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:24 pm

aftermarket 5ch amp, driving sub and 4 spkrs. kicker zx700.5
hari-bhari
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby corlon » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:05 pm

do just the subs pop? or do all the amplified spkrs pop?
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby no_escape » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:46 am

Same has happened to me. POP... then no subs. Cap blew but it was a simple fix.
SC 4psi - 305cc - Jims Fuel Upgrade - AFC NEO - 190 Walbro - Tokico/Eibach - Short Throw Shifter - FTB - RSB - K&N Filter - Greddy Evo II catback
no_escape
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby hari-bhari » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:34 am

spkrs pop as well. im assuming the sub is doing it too but i cant really tell. its just a loud bass thump. doesnt happen after shorter drives of less than an hour
hari-bhari
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5