[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Replacing the factory sub
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Replacing the factory sub

Replacing the factory sub

Postby ma1253 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:57 pm

I drive a 2002 Solara Convertible, and I was wondering if I would have to replace the entire system (I know it's crap, but I'm still a poor college student) if I want to only replace the sub.
ma1253
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jakecallun20 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:26 pm

You should have no problem swapping the sub, Just make sure its the same size, cut the toyota connectors from the factory sub and splice them to your new sub's connectors.
02' AV6 Accord Coupe- Daily
86' Mercedes 560SL- Project
99' Solara SLE V6- Sold 09/19/09 :(
Jakecallun20
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby TLMNICK » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 pm

The stock sub is a waste of time...Even if you could find a decent sub that is capable of Free-airing, the stock JBL amp wont run it very well. IMO you'd be better off just disconnecting it for now, and waiting till you have some money to put a decent system in.

I havent changed the head unit or speakers in my solara yet, but i did add a new amp/sub to the stock head unit. I took the stock sub out, and have it sitting in my basement.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ma1253 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:12 pm

I just replaced the factory sub with a JL W1 8", and for being powered by the stock amp, it's not too bad! I can't wait till I can replace the whole damned thing.
ma1253
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5