[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Pioneer AVIC-F700BT in 2000 Solara
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Pioneer AVIC-F700BT in 2000 Solara

Pioneer AVIC-F700BT in 2000 Solara

Postby abecks » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:50 am

Hey guys,

Lots of helpful information on here, as always! I'm hoping to pick your brains about a new HU I was hoping to install.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... VIC-F700BT

You probably know about the Pioneer AVIC nav series, does anyone have one of these installed in their cars already? I have a 2000 Solara (Gen 1, I think, I dont have the circular tail lights) and I want to replace the stock unit with the F700BT.

I read about someone bypassing their stock amp to install one. Is this necessary? What are the benefits of doing so? I have the SLE model, with JBL speakers.

Also, does anyone know where I can buy metric (Canadian) glow gauges?

Thanks a million!

Andrew
abecks
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Pogs » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:06 pm

I didnt install a nav in mine but I think what deterred me is the extra work. For example you have to find the VSS wire and splice into it ect. Im sure its easier then I thought but plenty of people on here have done something like this so you do have some experts.
Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it.
Search and Win
Its a search engine that gives you random points to get free stuff they offer.
Pogs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby boiphil » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:43 am

If it's a Pioneer you don't even need to tap into the VSS wire, it will still work without no problem.

When you go to install the head-unit there's a spare plug behind your stock deck (not attached) and that plug will connect to the wiring harness you buy for your car. It bypasses the factory amp the way it's connected. (if you like you can then unbolt and remove the factory amp from behind the glove box).

As for KMPH gauges, I've got no idea (but I am a fellow Canadian).
boiphil
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ArizonaEagle07 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:08 am

Hey bro,
I have a Pioneer AVIC-F90BT installed on my 2001 SLE it looks great! I did all the work myself, I did hook up the VSS wire it does help with timing of how long you will get to your destination & is more accurate since speed fluctuates due to traffic. Again, you dont have to use it the GPS will accommodate for it.

Be sure you have the latest 2.0 Firmware System/Bluetooth Update it is a difference between night and day on how the system operates and its worth getting the MSN Direct if the F700 series comes with it.

As for the AMP its pretty simple.
There are two harnesses that you will see when you take out your OEM HU(in the back towards the let) they are snapped into a retaining harness.
All you have to do is take them out and put them into your aftermarket kit. They fit perfectly, and as far as the AMP Pioneer has one built in the F700 HU it works quite well.

I'll take a couple pictures in an hour or so to show you the finished product.
RIP: 2000 Toyota Solara SLE
ArizonaEagle07
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ArizonaEagle07 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:27 am

Heres some pictures I took with my iPhone

ArizonaEagle07
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TxBmbleBee » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:10 pm

the avic-f90bt is exactly what i want to put in my solara! looks great bro, did you set the color to green to match the rest of your cars interior lighting??
TxBmbleBee
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ArizonaEagle07 » Fri May 15, 2009 11:53 am

I didnt, I actually have it set to random so it just cycles through all the colors while I drive.
ArizonaEagle07
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby D-money » Fri May 15, 2009 12:11 pm

haha what happened to guys not needing directions lol''''
ImageImage
01 SLE V6 (Pic Edit Done by Garrryyunit)
D-money
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby TxBmbleBee » Fri May 15, 2009 4:36 pm

^^^haha thats only when girls are around
"i just wanna go fast..."
TxBmbleBee
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5