[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - power wire
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

power wire

power wire

Postby solara90 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:17 pm

whats the best way to run a power wire to an amp. i was going to drill thru my fire wall but i dont want to hit anything on the other side and mess anything up. and pictures would help
solara90
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby no_escape » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:39 pm

Drilling through your firewall is prob gonna be your best bet for a powerwire.
SC 4psi - 305cc - Jims Fuel Upgrade - AFC NEO - 190 Walbro - Tokico/Eibach - Short Throw Shifter - FTB - RSB - K&N Filter - Greddy Evo II catback
no_escape
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Sentinel » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:00 pm

I would look for a place that other wires are going through, and see if you can stuff your wire in the same spot. Obviously not going to work if you're going to run some 0000 gauge, but any amp that needs more than 6 gauge is too big for a car (IMO) (6 gauge will allow 1000 Watts with some room to spare)

Where are you putting the amp? If you're going to mount it in the trunk I'd suggest running it under the car (put it in some flex conduit or other protection, and in a place it where it wont get scraped (if you're lowered)) It's easier to figure out what to drill through in your trunk.
Sentinel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby solara90 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:01 pm

right now i have a small i think like 12ga. that i jsut ran thru my fender and then thru my door but thats not gonna work with a 4ga wire
02 solara 2az

solara90
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Ransom8707 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:29 pm

SEARCH option is on top
I had the same problem here is my post. :)

http://solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=33485&highlight=
Ransom8707
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby hari-bhari » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:05 pm

i ran mine through an existing hole on the passenger side in the engine bay. look for it. 4 gauge, unflexible as hell, but it fit
hari-bhari
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Duffman » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:28 am

I ran 4ga through the passenger side - there's a tube there about the width of a baseball bat that has a bunch of wires running into it, into the area under the glovebox (I removed the glovebox for easier access, but you might be able to get to it without). The only thing to watch out for is length of the cable, and where in the engine bay you route it - make sure it's not going to get knicked or hit anything else. I ran my up the left side, under the airbox, and then snaked it alongside the firewall and over to the passenger side. It used up an extra seven or eight feet of cable, but it made sure I didn't cross the wire over anything and kept me from having to drill any holes. Plus, the rubber bung on the right side (he he he, I said "bung") has enough wires running through it that I didn't need to put in any kind of rubber grommet or spacer.

From there, I ran the wire under the door sills and carpet on the passenger side, up under the backseat and into the trunk. I'll grab some pictures later on if I remember.
2002 Toyota Solara SE V6 5-Speed
2005 Pontiac GTO 6-Speed
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250 ABS
Duffman
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby boneezy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:57 pm

i ran 2 guage through the steering column. Theres a rubber grommet that you can punch the wire through.
1999 SE-V6 5spd
160,xxx miles
boneezy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Duffman » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:55 pm

My only concern there would be the moving parts of the steering mechanism - are you sure it's not touching anything? I'd be afraid it would get caught.
2002 Toyota Solara SE V6 5-Speed
2005 Pontiac GTO 6-Speed
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250 ABS
Duffman
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jakecallun20 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:43 pm

I did the exact same thing as Duffman. I ran mine through behind the glovebox into the bay and routed behind the motor with the brake booster line. Around the driver side of the bay and under the air box to the battery. Simple really. Then I cut a hole in the existing grommet and fished it through.
02' AV6 Accord Coupe- Daily
86' Mercedes 560SL- Project
99' Solara SLE V6- Sold 09/19/09 :(
Jakecallun20
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5