[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Installing a Pioneer head unit in a 2000 Solara
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Installing a Pioneer head unit in a 2000 Solara

Installing a Pioneer head unit in a 2000 Solara

Postby 00SOLARASE » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:15 am

Hi Guys, I have tried to search on this subject but cannot find any info. I just purchased a Pioneer head unit for my 2000 Solara (with the factory JBL stereo) and I am trying to find a wire harness/adapter to install it. I believe that there is a difference between the wire harness for the JBL and the other toyota factory head unit. Can anyone tell me if this is true and if so where to find the correct wire harness to install my Pioneer into my car? Will the regular wire kits from Radio Shack,etc. work? Thanks a lot for any help you guys can give me.

Dave
00SOLARASE
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Chinky420 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:37 am

i have pioneer deh p4000 head unit

i got mine from crutchfield though, and they include the wiring harnesses.

so i will recommend crutchfield. i know that they will get you the right harness. i just don't know exactly if it's similar or different from other toyota OEM HU's. i believe you can buy the wiring harness(es) from crutchfield at a fairly reasonable price. they also include wiring diagrams and instructions, tres nice.

i think metro and scosce make wiring harnesses for our cars too....but i also have heard that they are a bit more unreliable (i've heard of a couple instances of shorts, melted wires, and smoking from the harness before).

but i was quite impressed with crutchfield when i ordered, so i'm keeping all my business with them. let us know if you go the scosce route, or what you end up doing, and how it turns out.
Chinky420
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 00SOLARASE » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:03 pm

Thanks a lot Kwan for the reponse. What year is your Solara? Did you have the factory JBL unit before you replaced it with the Pioneer? I have dealt with Crutchfield before, they are a good outfit. I don't know if I can just use a regular Scosche harness or if there is another one just for the JBL's. Some of the specs I have read on the harness kits say they are not for vehicles with factory amps/JBL. Thanks again for the reply Kwan. If anyone has any other info on this it would help me out a lot.

Dave
00SOLARASE
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5