[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - HU working but not producing sound
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

HU working but not producing sound

HU working but not producing sound

Postby Akfahad » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:13 am

Ok, I've had this unit for probably around five years or so. It's a Clarion VRX935VD with the whole 7" motorized display screen, etc. I've never had any problems with it ever, but just yesterday driving home from work, the sound cut out on the radio. Changed the radio station but still no sound. Switched to the CD/DVD player and still no sound even though the cd was playing. turned off the unit for about a minute then turned it back on and it worked for about 10 minutes until all went quite again. Did the same thing again this morning only at shorter intervals. I removed the "brain" from under my seat and gave it a good cleaning with some condensed air, but it really wasn't all that dirty and nothing looked burnt or broken. I'll try a hard reset next, but any idea's??

thanks
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby System_Crash » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:32 am

Sounds like the internal amp is about to die, had this happen to a few 300 m's
Pearl White 2004 Solara V6 90,000 miles

System_Crash
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby RichD978 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:10 am

speaker grounding out?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/818696
VOTE FOR ME FOR SHOWOFF OF THE WEEK
RichD978
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby gasolara2002 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:34 pm

The internal amp is going out. Most of the time that is due to where it is placed in the unit. Most of the time the internal amps that are placed by a cool place with in the unit will last a very long time. If you still like your radio and dont want to sell it you can try to run you door and deck speakers from a low wattage amp. I tried that and it worked for me.
White 02 Solara with retrofit; White 97 Land Cruiser with mods coming.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2398488
gasolara2002
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Akfahad » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:45 pm

^^ok, thanks for the reply's. I would definitely like to keep the unit...is there anyway I can have a tech or something try to fix it? don't really want to run the door/deck speakers off another amp.....
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Akfahad » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:51 am

you guys ever hear of this place? in San Jose....
still looking for a place to repair my problem....

http://www.shortcircuitrepair.com/why-to-repair.htm
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Sol-Toy » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:43 pm

have you taking it out? I'd inspect the wires first. If not, and if you're not into digging up wires, take it to the original installer and tell them it's f'd up.
2013 WRX Wagon Premium in crystal black silica - current

2012 RAV4 S - Wife's

2000 Solara 1mz - sold after recording 160k mi

https://www.instagram.com/andygriesemer/
Sol-Toy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Akfahad » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:28 am

^^yeah, not a choice since I did the install with a buddy when I was in college and I bought it online...plus it's over five years old...

all they need is the HU and brain, so I'll give them a try...I'll look at the wires on my teardown...thx.
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Akfahad » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:17 pm

FYI, in case anybody else has this problem with a system they don't want to replace (since mine originally cost $600). The above mentioned website and company Short Circuit were awesome! Took them about 3-4 weeks if I remember right, they responded to all my emails promptly and cost about $160 to fix, which included a $20 return shipping charge. Everything is working great now and it turned out to be loose solder connections.
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:37 pm

nice! right in my hometown too. Thanks for the heads up.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5