[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - us acoustics amp problem
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

us acoustics amp problem

us acoustics amp problem

Postby kronos98 » Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:27 pm

i'm having a major heartbreak guys. i installed my system a few weeks ago and had absolutely no problems.

however, i had some time this weekend, so i wanted to make the wire installation more "professional" so i tucked it behind the panel next to the rear seat. i saw a wire being grounded there (very thin), so i decided to move my ground there. before, it had been electrical taped to the mounting screw of my rear deck speakers.

everything was fine, until i noticed that i'd developed some engine noise. so i opened up the panel again. and while i was messing around and navigated the wires through my car, i noticed that the amp stopped working.

when i was messing around, everything was unplugged: fuse and power to the amp. when i hooked it all up again, the amp was dead. it wouldn't power up! do you guys know what the problem might be? do you think i fried it? or maybe it got bumped around too much? there is a green power light that comes on when voltage is passed to the remote on lead, but that doesn't even come on. someone please help!!
kronos98
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kronos98 » Wed Jul 02, 2003 6:49 am

ok, now i've got a totally different problem with my amp. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

when i give juice to the remote on lead, the amp power light will come on halfway, then fade out. sometimes, i also get a pop sound.

is my amp just fu**ed up? and i shouldn't waste my money on ebay?
kronos98
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Blaze » Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:38 am

the us acoustics amps are weird, see if its overheating, also try unplugging ur negative terminal for a few mins, i had the same problem w/ it not turning on had to disconnect the terminal and it came back on after
Imagination is the hood ornament on the car of creativity.
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby kronos98 » Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:59 pm

yeah, if i turn it off for a while, then it'll turn on. is there anything that us acoustics will do for me? this is such an annoying problem...grr!!
kronos98
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kubi » Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:42 pm

Are you sure your ground is .... grounded well? Make sure it's not coming loose or anything, especially if it's behind the seat or something, a place where it could move when you move the seat.
kubi
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kronos98 » Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:48 pm

i know it's grounded ok, b/c i unscrewed the ground. a few mintutes later, i screwed it back on. worked fine for a short while...then died again until i unplugged it and plugged it back in again. so annoying. is there anything i can do to fix this? or should i sell it back on ebay and get a different amp? i would really like to keep the one i have right now and just fix the problem.
kronos98
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5