[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Quick question about 2002 Solara JBL audio system
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Quick question about 2002 Solara JBL audio system

Quick question about 2002 Solara JBL audio system

Postby lizard_boy » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:12 am

I've looked through a ton of threads and I can't find a definitive answer to this. I'm about to upgrade my head unit (because the OEM JBL is dying) and I need to know whether or not my vehicle has a sub. I have a 2002 4-cylinder coupe with the JBL audio package (single-slot CD player, radio, cassette...NOT a changer). When I went to order a new head unit on Crutchfield (Sony Xplod CDX-GT630UI), it popped up a warning that I would be bypassing the factory amp & sub. I understand that the new head unit has a built-in amp, I'm just curious whether or not I have a sub.

Thanks - happy holidays!
lizard_boy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Gangis » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:47 am

Only the convertibles have a sub. You'll have to bypass the amp (which is located behind the glove compartment) but fortunately Toyota provided some extra connectors behind the head unit that already bypasses the amp. It's located to the back and to the right side of the space where the HU normally rests. Pretty simple stuff. :)
2002 Solara SLE V6 convertible - GONE as of 3/2010
2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 S Hatchback
Gangis
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby lizard_boy » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:05 pm

Great - thanks Gangis, just ordered the new head unit.
lizard_boy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5