[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - thoughts on this sub/subwoofers for the solara
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

thoughts on this sub/subwoofers for the solara

thoughts on this sub/subwoofers for the solara

Postby ~SolaRaSpeed~ » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:44 pm

so for about a half a year now I have used the pioneer fh-p8000bt HU with an old c15 kicker comp sub (powered by an alpine mrp-450 amp ~200 watts ) and the stock JBL speakers. I have been happy with balance of sound this setup has provided, but am getting tired of lugging around the big box needed for the sub. I have read about many of the setups here and have considered putting 2 8" kicker woofers in the rear parcel shelf for an IB setup.
But with the advent of shallow mount subs I found this: Image

and was wondering if anyone has run this in the solara or would like to comment on setups they have heard with something like this in a trunk.

Pioneer site for info:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Subwoofers/Shallow/TS-SWX310

All inputs and comments are welcome.
::I also plan on some component speakers to redo the front doors eventually...
~SolaRaSpeed~
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

more info

Postby ~SolaRaSpeed~ » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:57 pm

So I called pioneer today ( and after having watched numerous youtube videos on shallow subs ) and the recommendation for these is only if it is going to be inside the cabin of the car, or truck in the case of most. So I guess the next question is who here has done 2 8" woofers on the rear parcel deck?
~SolaRaSpeed~
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TxBmbleBee » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:28 pm

http://secondskinaudio.com/forums/showt ... 055&page=2

might want to get in touch with this guy if you can, he has one floating on his rear deck in a 96 camry
TxBmbleBee
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ---CAMRAZY--- » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:40 pm

TxBmbleBee wrote:http://secondskinaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2055&page=2

might want to get in touch with this guy if you can, he has one floating on his rear deck in a 96 camry

lol, that is Adam, he is on here as well... same user name, ASG14.
If there are any haters in here right now that don't have anybody to hate on, feel free to hate on me.-Katt Williams
---CAMRAZY---
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby ~SolaRaSpeed~ » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:48 pm

thanks for the info and link, this is a really interesting idea. It also seems like a challenging one after seeing how much sound proofing can be done. Maybe I should do this when I do the suspension system... time to think of the many ways to use that rear deck...
~SolaRaSpeed~
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5