[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - new sub amp
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

new sub amp

new sub amp

Postby kondo » Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:08 pm

I have mostly phoenix gold stuff in my car amps speakers wires ect. Anyway my sub amp is not phoenix gold so I bought a amp off ebay that is the same style as my mid amp
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 18796&rd=1
I think it will be louder than my audiotech 800 even though my new amp is only 500. I am going to be running it to one phoenix gold x-max 12.
The only thing is now I am thinking tht a mono d amp would work better than a 2 channel bridged. I found a new octane phoenix gold 800 mono amp on ebay for 300 and I am considering buying it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 18797&rd=1
So what should I do? go with the amp I just bought that looks like my other amp or go with the big mono d and blow my eardrums.
Look at my www. page to see what my amp rack looks like and give me your opinion.

thanks

nick
kondo
SolaraGuy StickerGuy
SolaraGuy StickerGuy

Postby prophesized » Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:30 pm

thats a tough choice.

the octane is 800 watts MAX so rms is probably about half that. its class d so its more efficient plus it has a subsonic and looks really good. the only con is it has 12db xovers.

the xs probably has the same output or a little more than the octane but the difference probably isnt enough to be audible. it has a 24db xover which is good but no subsonic which you may or may not need. its class a/b so its a little less efficient than the octane but it has a lower thd so it will put out cleaner power but once again probably wont make an audible difference. plus its a 2 channel so you could maybe us it on a component set someday.

if you are ported i would get the octane, if not go for the xs.
prophesized
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:58 pm

well, the PG octane R8:0.1 is rated 500W rms and can it put out 800W max. also the amp is 18db crossover. i run this amp with eclipse alum sub and its does sound great and clean in seal box. if you are going to buy the amp let me know i can let you for cheap price. email me at hiepdo26@yahoo.com

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5